Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Trouble with the Max Lens mod

[ New ]
Ridiculous, poor QC. This needs to be addressed by GoPro. I bet a ton of people will experience this issue on Christmas morning!

I'd love to see a GoPro rep show me how to install my Max lens mod correctly without a crescent wrench!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @noblecreek57118. A video showing how it is installed is at HERO9 Black - Max Lens Mod . If you are having issues installing the Mod, please connect with our Support team so they can advise you of the next steps. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I was having the same issue, the lense mod would twist on about 95% of the way and then stick.

no amount of reasonal force could make it go the final 5%. 

I decided to try using a (very) tiny bit of waterproof grease (the kind I use for my bike parts) -

applied with a q-tip to the threads on the camera body.

And guess what? the next try, the lens then twisted on no problems at all. 

Attached is a pic of the grease i used for reference, again I only used the tinyest amount, 

you shouldn't even be abe to see the grease on the threads after the application. 

IMG_4600.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]
Sightseer

[ New ]

same here and no goro it is not that we are having trouble putting it on, a child with a basic understanding of lego could do this if it actually had a bit more consideration in the manufacturing. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

good job I'm a sailor with arms like popeye otherwise that would not have gone on.
1: take the cover off so you dont twist and mishapen it too much.
2: grip it like bruce lee in a kung fu pinch
3: twist to the point you think its going to shatter in your hands
4: be releieved it has not done so and wipe sweat from your forehead

5: turn on max lense mode

Hiker

[ New ]
Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same exact problem, mine goes 95% of the way and then won't move. Definitely a machining issue.

GoPro should at least admit that they have a problem, rather than act like everything is ok.

Need some reasonable fix for this. No one wants to break a lens applying pressure, so that it locks in place, after having paid as much for the lens.