Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Trouble with internal microphone on Gopro hero 6 black

my gopro dont record de audio from my videos, and only use de internal mic, and it doesnt recognize my voice on the voice control, please help me, i dont know what to do 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Trouble with internal microphone on Gopro hero 6 black

Hello @royalvista15707. Try a manual update on your camera firmware following the steps below: 

1. Go to the HERO6 Black update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Save all the contents of your SD card first and format it prior to the update process. Once done with the update, factory reset the camera and test for teh audio quality again. Feel free to post back for any other questions or concerns. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Trouble with internal microphone on Gopro hero 6 black

Hello @royalvista15707. Try a manual update on your camera firmware following the steps below: 

1. Go to the HERO6 Black update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Save all the contents of your SD card first and format it prior to the update process. Once done with the update, factory reset the camera and test for teh audio quality again. Feel free to post back for any other questions or concerns.