Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Trouble getting started

I have tried to update software on my new go pro hero 7 silver using all three methods on the site but none of them work... (i.e. through iphone, through memory card and through quik on the computer).  I have not been able to use it - it just has four screens options: language choice, location services on / off, camera info and a page saying to 1. install app on my phone and 2. follow app instructions to connect camera. Have tried several times and nothing is working... there is no way to swipe down on the screen etc.  Any ideas?

Nomad

Re: Trouble getting started

If you're having issues upgrading your GoPro please follow the manual upgrade proceedure instructions given here:

https://gopro.com/update

If it still continues to be an issue, I would post some photo's here of your PC screen shots when preparing the SD card.

If you can't swipe the screen of your camera, it's possible that you're powering on using quick capture (the shutter button).  This will lock out the screen.  Make sure you're powering on the camera using the power button located on the side of the camera.

Let us know how it goes!