Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Transferring media and problems connecting to the app

I've been having trouble all week when it come to losing the pictures to my phone. 1st off I have to get lucky in order to be able to be paired with my phone . Basically it's hit or miss. Yes I have the WiFi on and yes I have the Bluetooth on.

Then the 2nd problem is that I can't transfer all of my media to my go pro app or my phone. I even got add highlight. For some reason today after taking lots of pics and videos it only added a couple of the time lapse videos. The rest of the pics or videos I took won't pair to the app!

I emailed GoPro and I got some weird response saying email invalid... If I don't get this figured out by tonight I'm returning it . Either idk what I'm doing or I bought a faulty camera. Please help

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Transferring media and problems connecting to the app

Hello @yoyo2020. There are troubleshooting steps here that will help establish connectivity between the camera and your phone. Does your phone still have enough storage to accommodate all media? Did you get any error message while trying to transfer media from the camera to the phone? The email support has long been discontinued that is why you might have received an automatic system response. We hope to hear back from you. Let us know how things go after re-pairing your camera to the phone. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hola, llevo una semana con ella, y tengo el mismo problema, pero a mas.., ni con la tablet, ni con el pc, ni con el mobil. No hay forma, he probado ha actualizar (manualmente por que no hay forma deconectarla) pero disce que tien la Ultima VERSION.

ESTO ES UN PITORREO EN UNA CAMARA DE 400€. Las hay por 90€ que no graban en 4k, pero se conectan a la primera.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @yoyo2020. There are troubleshooting steps here that will help establish connectivity between the camera and your phone. Does your phone still have enough storage to accommodate all media? Did you get any error message while trying to transfer media from the camera to the phone? The email support has long been discontinued that is why you might have received an automatic system response. We hope to hear back from you. Let us know how things go after re-pairing your camera to the phone. Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @antonioa0381. Even if your camera may already have the latest firmware, it would still help to update the camera manually. This will clear out any possible error with the current installation. If you have a HERO7 camera, the steps below will guide you through the update process: 

1. Go to the Update page and choose your HERO7 camera.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system. 

Make sure that the camera is fully charged prior to the update. If you are already using a recommended SD card, make sure that it is formatted prior to the update process. Let us know how it works out. We hope to hear back from you.