Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Transferring files from SD card to computer looses GEOTAG info

[ New ]

Hero 9

when I transfer my videos from my sd card to my computer it looses the geotag info and says the GPS was not on when I know it was..... in the QUICK editing software "latest"....  frustrating right?

when I try the same files and transfer them to my iPhone it shows the GPS info on the stickers provided..

please let me know why, my GoPro 5 and GoPro 7 worked fine too, doing exactly the same process.

Nomad

Re: Transferring files from SD card to computer looses GEOTAG info

[ New ]

If you're talking about using QUIK for PC or Mac, please realize that this is out of date, nearly 3 year old software that is no longer supported.  The last camera it fully supported was the GoPro Hero 7.  It was made before the Hero 8 and Hero 9 were even developed and as a result will not support certain functions of those two cameras (such as GPS) as they both record GPS in a totally different format.  The GPS info is still there on your files, but QUIK for windows and Mac is so old and out of date, it doesn't support the function.  The Quik App for Android and iOS however is up to date and supports GPS stickers (in a limited fashion).

You've upgraded your camera to a GoPro Hero 9, you may as well update your GPS software that you edit with!

https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/telemetry-overlay-gps-video-sensors

Tourist

Re: Transferring files from SD card to computer looses GEOTAG info

[ New ]

Thank you, I will do so...