Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Transfering files from go pro to Mac error -36

Hey so I have been trying to upload my GoPro fusion files to my macbook but am given an error code -36 saying "finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "GPFR0105.mp4" can't be read or written". Has anyone experienced this or has found a solution thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Transfering files from go pro to Mac error -36

Hi @grayridge41120

This error is not actually due to the camera or the Fusion Studio. This is a common error with Mac.

The problem stems from the “dot-underscore” companion files that Mac OS X’s HFS+ filesystem creates for files when they get moved to FAT16 or FAT32 volumes. These hidden files – which start with “._” followed by the original filename – contain extra information to go along with the main file’s data. The problem is observed when folders from a Windows-compatible volume get moved to a Mac and then back again. The dreaded “Error Code -36″ message is the result.

You may try calling Apple for the resolution to this error code.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Transfering files from go pro to Mac error -36

Hi @grayridge41120

This error is not actually due to the camera or the Fusion Studio. This is a common error with Mac.

The problem stems from the “dot-underscore” companion files that Mac OS X’s HFS+ filesystem creates for files when they get moved to FAT16 or FAT32 volumes. These hidden files – which start with “._” followed by the original filename – contain extra information to go along with the main file’s data. The problem is observed when folders from a Windows-compatible volume get moved to a Mac and then back again. The dreaded “Error Code -36″ message is the result.

You may try calling Apple for the resolution to this error code.

Regards,

Ej