Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Trade up programme - problem

@robbiel436 

What is the current trade up value for a HERO7 Black? 

That is all that you are entitled to.  When you sent your trade in camera, the cost of the HERO7 Black was $70 MORE than it is today.  The fair trade in value was $100 off (it doesn't matter what you sent in, as long as it has an original value of at least $100).  That amount has changed because the camera has reduced in price!  If you want $100 off of $399.99 just to make you feel better, FINE!  That's what you agreed to.  However, now that the camera is $70 less, a $50 discount means you will only pay $279.99. BUT IF YOU WANT TO PAY $299.99, So BE IT!

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Though like you say, you do no represent or are affiliated with GoPro in any way so please stop spamming my thread as you are not being helpful in any way.

However, this has twice been confirmed for me already on the Facebook message support that I should contact GoPro to have my discount code amended to the agreed £100 amount.
Highlighted
Explorer

@robbiel436 wrote:

I made an agreement / contract with GoPro

This is exactly my point.  Two parties must be forfeiting something in order to gain something for a contract to be valid.  GoPro agreed to reduce the price of their camera to $299.99 ($100 off) in exchange for you delivering to them a camera that had an original retail value of at least $100.  When this contract was acted upon by you, the assets, discounts, and expected values was agreed upon.  Since the HERO7 Black had a retail value of $399.99 at the time of the agreement, the expected purchase price that YOU expected to pay (as per the contract) was $299.99.  If the camera had not been lost, IS THIS NOT WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE PAID?????  You know that this is true.

However, there was a delay in this transaction.  GoPro never received your trade in camera.  I understand that this is not your fault, but hopefully you understand that irregardless, the contract was effectively voided by the camera not being delivered to GoPro. But, GoPro decided that they would still offer you a discount.  Were they required to?  Honestly, do you think GoPro was required to offer you a discount?  The answer is No, they were not, but they did anyway.  

The camera, which you would have spent $299.99 on had your trade in not been lost, is now retailing for $329.99.  GoPro is offering you $50 off of this price out of the goodness of their hearts.  Instead of you paying $299.99 you now have the opportunity to purchase the camera for $279.99.  However, you can't seem to understand how this is beneficial to you????

Fine, if you want to stick to the original contract, which was entered into with a camera retail value of $399.99, FINE!  Pay $299.99.  But stop trying to act ignorant or as if GoPro is somehow not honoring the contract/agreement.

Highlighted
Explorer

@robbiel436 

To be clear, I'm only "Spamming your thread" because I get a little tired of people taking advantage of the good will of GoPro employees.  You know that you are wrong.  Whether or not GoPro is willing to offer you far more than you are entitled, you are still wrong, and you know this.  You are just trying to take advantage of the situation, and it's a real shame.  I hope you don't carry these same values with you in all of your interactions.  And I truly hope that you do not have children that you would offer this kind of guidance to.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Daniel

That is quite a poor show on your part - your last paragraph.
I think that reflects more on you than me.

Highlighted
Explorer

Also, just so that there isn't any further confusion, you will NOT be receiving a free SD card with the camera. Discounts and promotions cannot be combined. Judging by the way you are behaving with so much entitlement, I figured that I should make this clear so we don't have to deal with you complaining that it never came.
Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Daniel

Really not sure why you felt the need to get involved in this discussion or what you feel you add to it.
Highlighted
Explorer

@robbiel436 wrote:

Hi Daniel

That is quite a poor show on your part - your last paragraph.
I think that reflects more on you than me.

The fact that I hope that you are not passing these poor moral values on to future generations reflects poorly on me?  How so?  As a father myself, I understand that it is the actions I take that will have profound impact on the values my children will adopt.  You know that you are wrong, and yet you continue on.  Are these the values you want the future generations to adopt?