Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Trade up programme - problem

Hi

I sent away an old camera at the end of July, it got lost in the post with UPS

GoPro have since told me they will honour the £100 trade up off the cost of a new black 7. (Since it has come down in price)

Having gotten a discount code it now is only worth £50 - How do i get the code updated to the true £100 value? 

I contacted you guys on facebook messenger

Due to the recent changes in HERO7 Black camera's price at gopro.com, we suggest that you contact our Support Team so they can provide you an updated discount code. You may reach them by phone or live chat through XXX. When you do, you can provide them your Support case number XXXXXX for reference.

The discount code should be applicable as soon as it is generated. Please ensure to contact our Support Team when you can so they can provide you an updated discount code. Thanks!

I have tried to contact GoPro about this to try and get an updated code, however have been given excuses / fobbed off?

Are you guys going to honour this, if so how doI get an upgraded code please? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Trade up programme - problem

@robbiel436, we've already communicated with the Support Team about your case. I will send you a private message with any update I get as soon as new information is available. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

@robbiel436, we'd like to look further into the details of your case to see how we can help. You mentioned that you recently contacted our Support Team (phone or live chat at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs) concerning the discount code. May we please have the Support Case number of your most recent contact for reference?

Highlighted
Hiker

On sent 😁
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@robbiel436, just to clarify, did you contact our Support Team via phone or live chat at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs? The support case number that you provided doesn't show any most recent contact on your account.

I sent you a private message with some details regarding your case. Please check your inbox.

Highlighted
Explorer

The HERO7 Black is now $70 cheaper than it was when the $100 discount was offered. GoPro is now offering $50 off, which is equivalent to if they had originally offered you $120 off. You are getting a better deal now, even though GoPro never received your trade in camera. You should not, nor are you entitled to, $100 off the camera at it's current price. At best, you should only get $100 off the price of the camera in July. Is that what you want? Strange that you want to pay $20 more, but whatever floats your boat.

To be clear, I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, GoPro. If I did, I would be doing everything possible to deny you a discount. Ever heard of the expression, "Never look a gift horse in the mouth"?
Highlighted
Hiker

Not seeing that message?
Where do I see private messages, please?

My conversation was with a representative from your Facebook page.
Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Daniel

Back when I ordered the camera in July I had expected to get it fairly quickly, I didn't expect my trade up camera to get lost in the post. But alas, these things happen.

I made an agreement / contract with GoPro, I send them an old camera that was worth at least 100 bucks and they would give me 100 bucks off a new camera. 

The camera I sent away cost a fair bit more than the 100 bucks and I would like GoPro to honour our agreement. I do not see your point at all on the recent price adjustment - this is only becasue the one I wish to buy isn't the latest and greatest.

Someone from GoPro agreed this with me already and said that if I conactt he GoPro website they will update my coupon to give me the £100 discount as agreed as that is the contract I entered into with GoPro.  

Highlighted
Hiker

Ok
I have found my private messages, however my inbox is empty?