Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Trade up program is a bit clunky not a great start to the gopro experience.

[ New ]

So I decided to go with the trade up program and I'm still waiting on the camera to be shipped to me. Just a bit of the process if you are looking to do this program. Ordered 1/11 and shipped my camera 1/12. They got the camera the 17th. All fine and dandy until monday. I was billed the price of what the camera said it would be when i first purchased through the trade up. So I contacted their support via phone and was told monday 1/21 I should have recieved an email that night with tracking information. That email didnt show up and tuesday I got on chat and was told that it was still in the wearhouse and could be for another two weeks but to check back in 3 more days. Sad thing was I wanted to make sure this was here on 1/24 which i was told it would be over the phone. Guess who still is looking for the email. Me. There has only been one email when you go through this by the way which is the recipt so dont expect much after that. Hopefully I can update with a better experience soon. I see i still have about 2-3 weeks to wait as some others in the thread have had problems too. If you're looking to get a camera in under 3 weeks DO NOT do this program(Maybe thats on me to read fine print better). Looking like a month is a good estimate from reading other posts in here but good news is it does look like most people end up with the camera. Wish is a bit more upfront about that and the customer service actually had a better idea of what was happening. Wish i wasnt told the camera would be here when clearly it still hasnt left the wearhouse. Still excited to get this camera(hopefully)

GoPro

Re: Trade up program is a bit clunky not a great start to the gopro experience.

[ New ]

Sorry for the inconvenience @kbuckgopro,

I hope it would be all sorted out.

It would be best to continue working with the customer support rep.

Regards,

-jay 

Tourist

Re: Trade up program is a bit clunky not a great start to the gopro experience.

[ New ]

Just an update here. Recieved the camera today 1/29. so 17 Days after purchase was how long it took and a little mis information at the begging with one person i had talked to on the phone. Really not terrible, happy to have the camera here.