Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Trade up program - Don't bother

I requested the trade-up program for a new Hero 8. I did get the shipping label and directions for sending the old camera in immediately, and I sent the camera off right away as well. they received it a week later (confirmed delivery by UPS). Waited two weeks to receive email that new camera has shipped, but never received anything. Contacted support, and they said the order was cancelled??? I never received notice that the order was cancelled. When asked why it was cancelled, they couldn't give me the reason??? So, I gave up trying to understand what happened, since they now have the $100 off the Hero 8 anyway, so I just went ahead and ordered it from the website.

My recommendation to anyone is to avoid the trade up program. GoPro's order tracking and customer service is horrible! It will be a waste of your time. GoPro, you are welcome for the camera I donated though! Atleast you got what you wanted...wish I could say the same...