Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Trade up issues

So, now GoPro doesn’t know if they got my camera even though Fedex says it was delivered on 10/1. So, they are checking with their warehouse team. I had to contact chat and give them the model number of the camera and then upload a pic of the camera so they know what to look for!

So, what if they can’t find my camera I sent in? Am I out of luck? The camera I sent was worth over $250 and still worked and was quite good. People can send in broken cameras and get credit. This is just asinine.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I had to contact support no less than 5 times to finally get them to ship it today (October 11th). They've had my tradeup at their wherehouse since Sept 28th. This was the 13th day since it arrived at there wherehouse. They wern't joking when they said it could take up to 14 days to ship. Talk about a freaking scam! Gopro is the worst. I bought the camera for a trip I had last weekend and a trip this coming weekend. Stupid thing won't even be here till next monday. I'll probibly be sending the thing back used and abused after I've had it a few weeks, just to mess with them like they did with me.

Heres an idea gopro: Dont say you are going to 2 day ship your new camera on the 2nd when you don' t intend to. When you were advertising the tradeup nowhere did it mention you'd have to wait 2 weeks after release before you would even ship it! My email confirmation from my order even says it will ship the 2nd of October, right below where it says might take 14 days. You can't even get your email not contridict itself. Freaking Bafoons!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Tradeup program, a.k.a. gopro gets to treat you like sencond hand garbage, but we let you save $100 so its okay! Eff you gopro.

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006 I guess you didn't really read my comment. I have been checking every other day. They keep telling me that it is processing and they are verifying my information and that they can't tell me anything else.
Highlighted
Hiker

Thought I’d try calling today. Even worse than email and chat. Rep had no idea what was going on. Wanted the tracking number of return camera again. Tried to give me the 14 day spiel. At this point I just want to cancel my order and go with another brand because GoPro is clearly incompetent. Combine this with all the issues posted here and it looks like the is no QC at GoPro.

I’m tempted to direct the tech sites here to show them the mess this is. Engadget, Mashable, and other night like to cover this.
Highlighted
Tourist

Yesterday I called close to the end of the day to see where the process was at. I was told it was still processing. Today I called and was told that the payment didn't go through and that someone called me. No one called me. She said she was going to connect me to a special type of billing. I was on hold for 20 minutes and no one answered. Called back and that lady also tried to put me through to billing and after being on hold for 10 minutes she came back on and told me that I didn't need to go to billing because the payment was processed. She said she has no idea what's going on but will call me when she's figures it out. I don't know how a simple process has turned into 9 calls and 5 chats and I still have nothing to show for it.
Highlighted
Tourist

2 days later and I have still not heard back from her. She said she was going to take this on as a special case, but I guess that was a lie as well.
Highlighted
Hiker

They’ve said it could take up to 14 business days from the date my camera was received (10/1). By my count that’s 10/19. If mine hasn’t shipped by then, then I get real upset as just opposed to irritated now.

They certainly don’t have their act together.