Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Trade up confusion

Hi All,

Just would verify that,is that okay to TradeUp my old Hero3+ Black for  Hero 8 Black. Would GoPro accept it? It saids:

Any GoPro or digital camera with an original retail value of at least $99.99 USD (or equivalent value in local currency) is eligible for trade-in.

Is that mean?: Any gorpo at least of 99.99$ USD value ? OR just literally ANY Gopro?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Trade up confusion

A lot of people are reading this tradeup working incorrectly... allow me to help:

(Any GoPro) or ( digital camera with an original retail value of at least $99.99 USD)

So it doesn't matter about the value of your GoPro, it says ANY GO PRO

however if it's any other digital camera, then it has to have an original retail value of at least $99.99 (so that has to be what it sold for when it was first released, not what price it's currently worth).

I traded in my GoPro Hero 2 camera for a GoPro Hero 8 and got the camera much sooner than expected with no issues.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Any camera at a retail of 99.99  that is it.

Highlighted
Tourist

How do I know the actual retail value of the Gopro Hero3+ Black? Discontinued long time ago.

Highlighted
Hiker

@gergos548 wrote:

How do I know the actual retail value of the Gopro Hero3+ Black? Discontinued long time ago.

I wouldn't worry.  It says at the original retail cost.  A Hero 3+ black cost more than $100 new.  

Highlighted
Hiker

That is, if you can Get GoPro sales to get the ball rolling.  I've been waiting for the shipping lable for two weeks now.  Not a word.  

Highlighted
Nomad

A lot of people are reading this tradeup working incorrectly... allow me to help:

(Any GoPro) or ( digital camera with an original retail value of at least $99.99 USD)

So it doesn't matter about the value of your GoPro, it says ANY GO PRO

however if it's any other digital camera, then it has to have an original retail value of at least $99.99 (so that has to be what it sold for when it was first released, not what price it's currently worth).

I traded in my GoPro Hero 2 camera for a GoPro Hero 8 and got the camera much sooner than expected with no issues.

Highlighted
Adventurer

And let me help out  one additional advice got a BROKEN camera not at all working that can be sent in, do not include the battery cables anything as long as that was 99.99     does not matter who teh company is, as long as it is a camera, not a smartphone.   DJI has a list they specify waht they accept and they offer less  when in hands as they also offer you a decline  with in ten days.  but always a catch.

Highlighted
Tourist

Now this is the answer I needed. Well explained.

Will do the same with my Gopro Hero 3+ Black. 

Thank's irishmanpdx.