Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Trade-up Hero7/Online

Ordered the Hero7 via GoPro Website -- Sept 20th -- the morning it was debuted. Did the trade-up program. Sent in my Hero5, the following week via FedEx & then received an email from GoPro saying they GOT my Hero5.

It's now NOVEMBER 9th & I still haven't received my Hero7!
I've called customer service 3 times, as well as used the "LiveChat" feature. -- Each time, I was told a "supervisor" or "2 supervisors" are handling my order. Each time, I was told that I would be emailed &/or called with an update of my order status. I've allowed 2-2.5 weeks to elapse between each call, almost 2 months later, still NO UPDATE that I was told I'd be getting.

Tonight, I rechecked my order status on the website & it still says "pending", which is infuriating considering I've been told multiple times that everything with my order is sorted & will be shipped out ASAP.

I want to know how to get a FULL refund, since they charged my card. & want a voucher for the Hero5 that I traded in & they received. -- Customer service is well "scripted", but I don't appreciate being lied to, no matter how "politely".
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Trade-up Hero7/Online

You have to call. GoPro. They may not return your camera as noted on their policy
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @karyleiana

I am sorry for all the troubles.

We have sent you a private message regarding this concern.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

@fishycomics I didn't/don't want my Hero5 back, what I'm asking for is a voucher &/or redeemable credit for the fact that they DID receive my Hero5, per the Trade-up program, yet they never upheld THEIR end of their own policy** & now that I've cancelled my order, I want some reciprocation for the Trade-up that never happened.

**Trade-up Policy: once Gopro receives the trade-in camera, they ship out your order/new camera in 14 days**
Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006 I've called today for the 4th time & once AGAIN I get conflicting information. I've been lied to too many times by representatives & I've been told multiple times that a "supervisor(s)" will contact me via call/email in "2-3 business days" & it's NEVER happened. I'm always the one following up & get the runaround.

As of this afternoon, I've CANCELLED my order -- which apparently it already WAS cancelled, yet no one told me on the 7th, 18th or the 26th when I spoke to customer service -- & as a once loyal customer to Gopro, I now receive NOTHING for the Trade-up that *I* did, but GOPRO FAILED to uphold.

The representative I spoke to today, not only contradicted himself, he laughed when I called him out on it. Incredibly insulting when all I wanted was clear answers to my questions about my order status, trade-in voucher/Gopro credits, etc.

There was also a moment where he must not have realized that HIS line was open & I could hear the rest of the people in the background talking to him, cheering & making fun of the call.

Glad to know that your customers AREN'T VALUED. I will take my money & do business elsewhere.
Highlighted
Tourist

I also want it on record that I asked respectfully 3 times to speak to a supervisor -- since I was told supervisors were handling my order -- & the representative, John, I spoke to never even attempted to get me to a supervisor. After I demanded to speak to a supervisor, he put me on hold saying he was going to speak to his colleague & then returned to talk me into an "exclusive over the phone offer" which I had already declined because I had already requested the refund/order cancellation.

I never got to speak to a supervisor.
For future customer service training, if they ask to speak with a supervisor, GET THE SUPERVISOR.
Don't try to "sell them".

I hope that my phone call WAS RECORDED. GoPro should be ashamed of how my order & subsequent cancellation was handled.
Highlighted
Nomad

At a minimum:

1) Written Apology signed by Nick, public.

2) Hero 7 Black at no charge, along with spare batteries and say any 5 accessories.

3) Lifetime GoPro Plus

4) Any & All future possible Customer Service inquiries via direct line to boss of CS. 

5) Any additional accommodations to recogize the wrong done, the harm caused, and the ill will generated. 

6) Or if the above is not acceptable, a cash refund of the original full retail price of the Hero 5. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

@karyleiana

I understand your frustration, and sorry to hear your outcome.  

Let me offer you what was told to me that no one bothered to  view and that  could have helped out down the road.

Do you own another gopro camera and have the seriel number?  Yes    gopro will allow you  an option to collect for  a Hero 7 Black $100.00 off your purchase when you supply over the phone that  existing camera's seriel number by  the phone call.   SInce gopro does not return trade up camera's that is hte loss we take.  Since thisdid not work out for you and gopro in your eyes treated  you wrong  ifind they are very polite over the phone but dificult to understand due to them being over in the Phillipenes and not gopro, one good reason a supervisor was n/a.   Dialing 855-645-3578 gets you to the Phillipenes   not  the USA.    GoPro mods can oly say sorry, other members will as noted Joke  around. I like to see this Resolved and not see a lost Customer but who am I.

What  will you now go get Garmin? Yi?  or Nikon.