Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Trade-Up fraud? I got the full amount for my used camera but still payed full price - No discount

Like the title says, I just traded in a nice Canon camera for a GoPro Hero 8 Black. The regular price for the Black is now $299, but even after my "discount" I still had to pay the full $299. This seems like fraud and/or false advertising. I would not have done the Trade-Up if I knew I was going to get robbed for a nice camera and still have to pay full price. The invoice shows the price of the 8 Black at $399 on my order, which it clearly is not, and was not when I put in the order. Not happy and I want my $100 back.

GoPro_NoDiscount.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Trade-Up fraud? I got the full amount for my used camera but still payed full price - No disc...

Hi @noblesummi06585

These are two separate promotions and cannot be combined. Check out this article https://bit.ly/2SGi1pm for more information about the TradeUp program.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Trade-Up fraud? I got the full amount for my used camera but still payed full price - No disc...

That is not helpful. I read the "FAQ" before ordering and it says nothing about this. The FAQ is worthless and only helps to trick people into buying without giving actual helpful information. Where on the website does it say you have to pay $399 when doing a Trade-Up? And who in the world would do a Trade-Up if you're going to pay the same price as someone not doing a Trade-Up? It makes no sense.

Highlighted
Nomad

Here is a screen grab of the tradeup offer.  I have made some helpful notes that show you how to do math and work out the price of what you are paying.  It's very clearly listed that the price you will pay is $299 (not $399 as you keep claiming).  You also paid $30 tax which has more to do with your location than anything, if you feel the tax was unfair, bring it up with your government and file for a rebate.

explination.jpg

Since the price is clearly listed, this is not fraud.  Your screen shot that you included also shows that you got $100 off the $399 price (as shown above in the screen shot from the tradeup page).  

In future it's recommended that you do your research and math first, if someone else is offering a better deal then take it.

explination.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

I was looking for an answer from a GoPro representative, not a random troll trying to look clever while making new customers feel bad. Yea, show me how to do math dude. My Master's degree in CS and 6-figure salary will be so grateful. Also, I never said anything about tax, so why would you go on about that? You have issues bud. Get a life.

I'm done. I will not read or respond to any further posts in this thread. Feel free to waste your time as you see fit. You won't be wasting mine.

I will now cancel GoPro Plus and remove all the accessories I had in my shopping cart. I'm moving on to another, better company.

irishmanpdx, you must really hate GoPro to treat new customers with such rudeness and disrespect. Good job, you just helped them lose a customer.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Man wished gopro clean ther ads up then customers will not make  mistakes like GoPro.

Highlighted
Nomad

Sir, I'm very sorry that your feelings were hurt by my simple example of how the GoPro was priced, it was not intended to be insulting or demeaning, just a very simple show of how to read the pricing on the GoPro page.  I consider the response to be quite factual and without emotion.  For some reason you have taken this as personal and taken it as an attack upon your person and this makes me sad.  Smiley Sad  I should not be responsible for how you feel any more than you should be responsible for how I feel.  I simply gave you the facts and I'm sorry you are taking it as some sort of personal attack.  

I'm very sorry that you won't be a customer of GoPro, taking a factual statement by a member of the public as a personal attack and holding a company responsible for how it made you feel just isn't a very good response.  I hope that you can take 5, relax, realize that what's done is done and then realize that you have a great action camera in your hands and you have the opportunity to make great video's, even enter the GoPro awards and win some prizes.   Life is too short to be bitter or angry or to let anyone make you feel that way.   So go, have some fun and adventure, shoot it on your GoPro and share it with the world.  

Smiley Very Happy