Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Trade Up and Royalty Program

Hi. A couple of questions:

1) Will the trade up deal be applied to the current sale price of $299, for the Hero 8 Black?  Please confirm if the $100 off ,will be to the current sale price or original price.  I couldn't tell by looking at the final price in my shopping cart. 

2) What is the royalty program compared to the Trade up deal?  I'd like to know which is better/more efficient.

Thank you.

JP

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Trade Up and Royalty Program

GoPro cannot confirm something that's just not true.  For those who have difficulty understanding the tradeup price, I have added a few helpful notes to what's printed on their webpage.  

explination.jpg

As you can see, the tradeup price reflects the original sales price of the camera.  $399.......  so your $100 means you pay $299 (this is why the $399 is crossed out and you see $299 very visibly).

Please note that the camera's current sales price is already $299 and you get a free SD card (worth $4)

With the tradeup deal you also end up paying $299 and you do not get a free SD card.   So choose wisely what you want to do ....

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Tourist

You cannot combined two promotions for your purchase, it's in the terms. So either you want to trade or want to buy with the discounted price. Trade up doesn't make sense as of the moment unless you want to get rid of your old camera that clutter your home. $199 won't happen, only $299 Either trade up or not

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

the  shopping cart does not lie. that is  your final price. where will it say you get the Extra $100.00, after yuo make the purchase?  The Royalty program  you will need to ask a  rep offline at hte customer service  chat or call back the Web reps here do not offer pricing like so,

you are best  in this order

1 Sale of the camera today is Pay $299.99 plust tax, free sd card.

2 Royaly and trade up LAST the final prices are $299.99 plus tax NO SD CARD

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you.  But I want confirmation directly from GoPro if my final price will be $199 for the Hero 8 Black using the Trade up deal.  

Highlighted
Sightseer

following...............

Highlighted
Nomad

GoPro cannot confirm something that's just not true.  For those who have difficulty understanding the tradeup price, I have added a few helpful notes to what's printed on their webpage.  

explination.jpg

As you can see, the tradeup price reflects the original sales price of the camera.  $399.......  so your $100 means you pay $299 (this is why the $399 is crossed out and you see $299 very visibly).

Please note that the camera's current sales price is already $299 and you get a free SD card (worth $4)

With the tradeup deal you also end up paying $299 and you do not get a free SD card.   So choose wisely what you want to do ....

Highlighted
Tourist

You cannot combined two promotions for your purchase, it's in the terms. So either you want to trade or want to buy with the discounted price. Trade up doesn't make sense as of the moment unless you want to get rid of your old camera that clutter your home. $199 won't happen, only $299 Either trade up or not

Highlighted
Adventurer

when you  hit the submit its $299.99 good luck on the $199.99

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for clarifying.  I still think they should honor the trade up deal if they've changed the current sale price to $299.  If not, they should remove or suspend the trade up option until they are done with whatever sales promotion they currently have.   Cause you're right, it doesn't make sense to use the trade up deal at this moment.  Thanks again.