Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Trade Up Program!

I recently contacted customer service regarding the Trade Up Program to know what exactly qualifies for trading. I asked specifically about an action from an another company. I was told it would be accepted. It's a Contour Roam2 action cam.

My other concern is that when I initially applied for the Trade Up Program, I chose the the Gopro 7 Black but I see today that it isn't an option anymore. Will I still able to get that one?

How would I know my trade in will be accepted and have been received? I have yet to receive an email update of what is going on. I shipped the item 2 days ago. Any help is appreciated. Starting to panic after reading posts about unsuccessul trades in the past.
Hiker

Re: Trade Up Program!

GoPro has discontinued the trade up program for the Hero 7 for now anyways. Apparently they might bring it back, but who knows. If you already ordered the Hero 7 through the Trade Up program you are good to go, don't worry about it not being available anymore. You got lucky and got it in before they stopped the program.

Hiker

When should I expect to receive it?
GoPro

Hi @jsnmrd4k,

When you participate in the Trade-Up program, you should receive an email with the RMA and shipping label with the tracking number.

If you want to be sure that the item was received you can contact us the support hotline :https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

I hope this helps.

V
Hiker

I don't have a tracking number. The email sent by Fedex only contains the shipping label. I did not receive any receipt after dropping it off.
Hiker

Do you still have the email? On mine, the tracking number was in the email that contained the shipping label.

Hiker

Fedex always gives you a receipt and that had a tracking number on it. If you didn't keep it then you need to wait until gopro notifies you.

GoPro

Hi @ redmesa53275n,

If you receive the shipping label via email, you should be able to see the number below or on the top of the barcode of the shipping label itself.

Otherwise, you can call the support team with your RMA and they should be able to provide you with the update on the returned item and your order.

Thanks,

V