Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Trade Up Program!

I'm excited.

You won't receive any tracking number until it actually ships, because there is nothing to track. I'd be patient until October 2nd, if you don't hear anything by then reach out to GoPro

Tourist

I was able to get in before they apparently stopped the Trade up program. Ordered the H7B on Sept. 23. I sent in an old Hero 4 Silver, camera only. I got FedEx confirmaiton that old camera was received today. It could take a few days for old camera to be processed apparently.

Here's what a GoPro rep told me via the online chat function:

(GOPRO REP:10/1/2018, 4:50:54 PM): I am currently checking your order and since it just delivered today, the warehouse team might be on the process for the confirmation in our system. The cameras for Trade up Pre-order will ship out within 14 business days starting October 02,2018 but there's no estimated delivery yet as it is currently in process. You will be notified through email once the package has been shipped out from the warehouse. Thanks for your patience.

Tourist

Hello,

Any word back on GP confirming your old camera is valid? I am wondering how long it takes them to charge the credit card on file.

I placed my order on Sept 23 and also got the Oct 2 pre-order ship day....

GoPro

Hello @btwells72

It would be best to give our Support team a call so they can verify details about your order. This is because some order information could only be discussed over the phone for security purposes. You can reach the team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 

Marius

Adventurer

On our invoices thedate to ship starts Oct 2nd ,  On the phone they verified that, and on the phone and after an email it clearly says BACKORDERED.  So yeah they start on the 2nd of October 2018 first orders, that got in on the Trade.  And after the 14 day if shorter the camera then goes out.  We'll see isoon.

Hiker

My card got charged today so hoping I would get a wondeful email tom that it has shipped! In the mean time, let's hear what each one of us traded for the 7. I'm kinda shocked to hear people trading in old GoPros that maybe still functional. For me was an old action cam from Contour. Served me great years ago but was too slow already.
Hiker

I sent a busted hero session and a busted hero 3 silver, figure between the two of them they might = one whole camera.  I think the hero 3 silver was missing the cover.  Basically i sent them my box of spare parts.

Hiker

Well the promo clearly stated even non working camera as long as it was $100 before qualifies. I wasn't sure about other action cam from other companies that's why I called them directly and thr lady assured me that it is eligible.