Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Trade Up Program!

Here's my timeline:

Order placed Sept. 23, printed label same day (a Sunday).

Sept. 24 - Sent old camera via FedEx

Oct. 1 - Old camera delivered/recieved in Riverside (12:28 pm Pacific Time)

Oct. 2 - Card was charged

Oct. 3 - Still waiting....

Highlighted
Nomad

When you send something by FedEx (like your old camera), you get a tracking number. You can use the tracking number to, uh, track your package. By doing so, you know if it was picked up, it was in transit, it was delivered. You even get, when delivered, the name of the person who signed for it!

My timetable:

Ordered on Sept. 20th, and got my old camera to FedEx on the 20th (I am impatient).

Old camera picked up on the 20th.

Old camera received by GoPro on the 26th.

New camera (Hero 7 Black) picked up on October 1 (Kentucky warehouse).

New camera to be delivered on October 3 (today). Status right now: "Out for delivery."

Highlighted
Hiker

Really, WOW!  I didn't know how tracking worked.Smiley Frustrated

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?action=track&tracknumbers=795571200148&cntry_code=us&wsch=tru...

gopro shows that my tradein was received, so fedex just dropped the ball when delivering it.

Highlighted
Nomad

Nothing in your prior posts indicated youtracked your package. Sorry for trying to be helpful. I just love sarcasm, makes my day, and incentivizes me to help others even more (more sarcasm).

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

wrong again. 

"I never got a delivered confirmation from fedex, still shows delivery pending.  Fedex has no idea where the package is at."

page 4.

Highlighted
Hiker

From what the rep on the phone told me, they are shipping the GoPros on who pre ordered them first regardless you did the trade or not. So for those people who got theirs already, trhey may have placed the order way before some of us. Mine hasn't shipped yet as well. I have no worries and not in any rush specially with all these problems arising with the charging, freezing, etc.. Heck I might just cancel the whole thing or return it if these doesn't get fix!
Highlighted
Nomad

If you want to see the worst of a product, lurk on forums like these.

There are thousands of Hero 7's now out there. There are scores of Youtube videos of the Hero 7 in action by users with production cameras, none of whom report a charging or freezing problem that I have seen.

People are not likely to report to a forum that they followed the manual and everything worked! How boring.

If the posters here are the only ones with the problem (also unlikley, but closer to the truth), then these issues are not likely to happen to you. Just look at the old posts on the new Hero 6; lots of issues, most all of which were exceptions (even ignoring the ones where the poster had no idea what he or she was doing).

Highlighted
Tourist

Good points. Also, GoPro seems pretty responsive to the comments in this forums with some recommended fixes (like using the correct recommended SD card, turning off voice commands overnight, etc.) I'll wait and see -- besides I have used GoPros since the Hero 3+Black (only skipping the 5) and don't recall having issues like those mentioned here and in YouTube.