Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Trade Program total scam

I received my GoPro 6 and it says in big letters at the top of each page that a SD card is shipped with ALL GoPro cameras. Apparently somewhere which I'm yet to find is that it doesn't include the trade in program. Funny how that isn't in their question answer page or anywhere in the trade up program page. Complete SCAM. I'm now out my camera and an SD card. Terrible business practice for not making it right by sending me my camera back or the SD card. Legally, it should state All cameras EXCLUSIONS APPLY. Shame on you, GoPro! I could have donated that camera, but you would rather throw it away and cheat me out of my money. Never again!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Trade Program total scam

Hi @susans5338

Sorry to know that. It would be best to get in touch with the customer support instead. 

We don't have information about that here in community. 

Regards,

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

I had to cancel my Trade Up order. Needed the camera by this coming Thursday end of day because we leave on Friday morning. Talked to customer service rep and asked timeline question about the 7-14 day turn around. She said no problem because as soon as my package containing my ancient digitial camera gets scanned in at GoPro it triggers my order to go out. They received my camera last Thursday. As of this morning my order was still pending so I called about my order. This customer service rep kept having to go ask his peers or management my questions. Seems the first rep a week ago was lying to me???? Yes they had my old digital camera but it this new rep told me, goes through their RMA return system which could take the 7-14 days and then they ship my order. Total BS. So I told him to cancel my order. He wanted to charge me to return my old digital camera!  I don't want it back, it is from the 1990's. He claimed my order is cancelled but it still shows up as pending tonight...  So no telling if I'd have received a SD card to go with it.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @susans5338

Sorry to know that. It would be best to get in touch with the customer support instead. 

We don't have information about that here in community. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

It was two rounds with Customer Support that gave me contradicting information.