Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Touchscreen not working on Hero5 Black.

Puchased a Hero5 Black at Best Buy Nov 5, 2016.  Used the camera about 6 times and loved it!  Went to use it yesterday...touchscreen dead.  Updated firmware version and tried to reset the camera.  Nada

Highlighted
Anonymous

Same problem here. I have only used my Hero 5 once and then the touchscreen was completely black when I started it next this past week while on vacation in Edinburgh. Since I had gone there to vlog the trip, it goes without saying that my plans were entirely ruined!

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

If the touchscreen is blank and doing a manual update does not correct it (instructions are at https://gopro.com/update/hero5), please contact our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus. We'll be glad to help with this issue.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

I purchased a Go Pro Hero 5 Black specifically for a trip to Ecuador and the Galapagos... it seemed to work before I left the UK... Now I am in Ecuador and I have an expensive piece of garbage.

After 3 nights we have finally managed to update the firmware... same issues irresponsive touch screen can't access the menus and when it does work the menus don't scroll.

I have one question.

HOW IS THIS STILL ON THE MARKET? It obviously has major issues that still haven't been resolved and quite frankly this piece of equipment is a rather ugly paper weight at present. I am on the trip of a lifetime and  my means to record all the amazing things we are doing is curtailed by what seems to have been a rushed to market camera that despite being launched last year is still not working properly. 

I know this is not your fault as an individual, I am however disgusted and should have bought the Garmin instead.... I guess that when I get home I will be making that change. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks Jeff,

Here is an update;

Did a live chat support session, but got disconnected.  So then I called customer support.  Nice lady, but it's been a couple weeks and I still have not received an email for instructions or RMA # to return the product as she promised I would.

I stil have a dead touchscreen and it sure has been difficult to get fixed. 

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - If it's been a couple of weeks, I'd recommend following up with the Support team. RMAs generally go out within a day. It's possible it's something simple like the email address we have for your case was mistyped. Easy to fix and get that out to you.

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

mine is doing the same thing just bought it ... went to update didnt work through the quick app so i had to do it manually and now the touchscreen is innoperable.. sucks ! please help me fix this problem

Highlighted
Anonymous

I also just got the Gopro5black for Fathers day super excited charged the battery put in the new sim card and battery started setting the camera up and the screen went black. cannot do anything now ,really disappointed .I always wanted a Gopro ,but this seems to be a reacurring problem,Gopro needs to let customers swap them out at local retailers instead of waiting days or weeks for refurbished units. I surely hope i don't have any long delays or problems because i have ways of getting the word out to many ,so Gopro do the right thing and make me and others glad we are Gopro owners.