Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: Touchscreen not working on Hero5 Black.

What about touchscreen under the water ? It doesn't work when the screen is wet! Is it normal?
Tourist

Received my replacement today. Touchscreen works flawlesly and smoothly.

Not sure if it a placebo affect but even the LCD picture quality looks better.

Thumbs up for GoPro reacting and fixing issue pretty fast. Man Very Happy

Anonymous

Received a replacement Hero 5 yesterday. Works as it should. Seems like a LOT of ambiant noise on record. Did not see an audio level adjustment. Rear screen goes blank when hooking up to TV/Monitor. Think this is by very poor design by Go Pro, IMO.

Sightseer

Go pro touchscreen isn't turning on and when we set it up from brand new, we had no sd card so when it went into the update, we didn't know the id and password to log in into the capture app so we can't wirelessly update it, help?
Anonymous

Morgan, first  remove the battery and press the on/off button for ten seconds. Put the battery back in and install a micro SD Card compatable with the GoPro and turn the camera on.  If you are still having problems, contact GoPro CS. They sent me a new unit when my touch screen didn't work (camera was brand new). GoPro will work with you...Good Luck

Sightseer

It seems that I am having the same problem a lot of people are having.  Brand new GoPro 5 Hero Black...  Had I known that the name referred to the BLACK touch screen...  It has not operated ever.  I have updated it through Quick on my mac desktop and BLACK as ever.  I called the customer support and spoke with somone in India or the vicinity.  She was clearly reading from a canned list of responses that had little or nothing to do with the issues with my camera. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HORRIBLE PRODUCT.  We will let our clients know that they should not waste their patientce or money before they  join us on our next trip.  Thanks GoPro.

GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hey @supersand57560

Sorry that I'm just seeing this post now. I regret to hear that you've had a bad experience with the HERO5 camera. To be clear, what were the results of your conversation with Support? It doesn't seem like an extremely complicated case, and I would imagine after completing some troubleshooting that would analyze the warranty for you. Was that not the case? 

Sightseer

Hi, having the same problem.

Screen is unresponsive most of the time but sometimes allows me do certain things.

I tried updating and then went to reset back to factory settings and it wouldn't let me swipe down from the main screen?
so what do i do now.. ?