Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Touch screen works but the functions don't works

[ New ]

I updated the firmware and it was a success, the specific problem is that function touch don't works even when the update was done, I can't connect the camera with the Quick App. so, I can't modify anything of the camera, e.g, I try to push the preference or preview of the images and I cannot do it.
Could you help me?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Touch screen works but the functions don't works

[ New ]

Thanks for sharing @miyer

I understand you have the latest firmware version of the camera.

Issues like this is usually cleared out by re-flashing the software.

Please run a manual update through https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-silver

Let us know how it goes.

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please provide them with the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @miyer. Does the screen not respond to any touch or swipe at all? Has the camera exhibited this issue since you got it?

Even if the camera is successfully connected to the GoPro App, there is no setting that would enable/disable the touch screen. Good to know that the camera has already been updated. Will you be able to send us a clip showing the issue so we can have a closer look? Thanks!

Nomad

[ New ]

How are you powering on the camera?  Are you using the button on the side of the camera (power) or pressing the shutter button (top of camera). 

If you are pressing the shutter button you are activating quick capture, this will record video and display the rear screen, but you will not be able to access the rear screen or it's menu's. 

You need to use the proper button (power) to be able to use the menu's.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi

I have been using both buttons just try, and that's not the problem, the issue is when camera is on and I try to use the touch functions on the display it doesn't works, it is not about how I am power on it.

Tourist

[ New ]

Even I have to use power and mode bottoms to turn on the camera, what kind of record can I upload???

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @miyer. Not a recording captured by the camera, but a recording that shows the issue with the touch screen. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hola

La camara no esta respondiendo a ningun toque o deslizamiento, nunca antes me habia ocurrido esto, les he querido enviar un archivo con el clip de video pero no se puede cargar, que formato y que tamaño debe tener el archivo. estoy tratando de subir un archivo .mp4 y me dice que no es un archivo valido.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you, @miyer. You can upload it through YouTube, or Google Drive, or dropbox and share wiith us the link.