Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

To those suffering Smart Remote woes

The Hero smart remote is my primary interface to the Hero cameras as I always mount the cameras on a motorcycle or helmet. I've used the smart remotes on Hero 3/4/5/7 and now 8.They have always worked flawlessly on the 3 and 4, minor interruptions on the 5, and a complete failure on the 7. 3 different Gopro remotes all fail on the 7. I returned my first Hero 7 for warranty replacement and that one had the same issues with random disconnects, and failed reconnects. This is a well documented issue for the 7. Well, I hoped that the 8 would solve the issues with the smart remotes, but Im once more having connection issues, though not as serious.

So I may have a solution ,at least for the 8. I purchased the Teleisen Smart Remote, the newest version on Amazon. So far at least, I have had very good connectivity with my new Hero 8. Im leaving for a long Motorcycle tour in a week, and am hoping for good results. On my last trip, I about tossed the 7 off a cliff I was so frustrated with it. Thankfully I had my trusty Hero 5 along to pick up the slack.

If the Hero 8 continues to lose connection for me, then this may be my last Gopro....

Perhaps this will help others with the Smart Remote Blues.... There's others out there, I know.

TELEISN Smart Remote for GoPro Hero8/7/6/5/4/session .Waterproof Remote Control. GoPro WiFi Remote