01-04-2019 08:19 PM
Thanks in advance
01-04-2019 08:23 PM - edited 01-04-2019 08:27 PM
Lots of forum frenzy.
Are you Geeky, enjpy Learning, and already experienced in Photography / Videography?
Then you'll have very little if any trouble.
I'm very satisfied with every GoPro since the 3 and use a 6 & 7 all the time, several times a week.
REALLY suggest that if u get one, you avoid the fear/uncertaintly/doubt channels and just learn the device at a quiet time.
That's all I do.
One thing you can do is just borrow a GoPro, ANY GoPro from someone local and see how you get along.
IMO the Hero 7 Black is clearly the best action camera out there.
01-05-2019 02:39 AM
1) Most reviews are overwhelmingly positive
2) Most people only come here because the perceive an issue (real or not)
3) Any charging problems are resolved with update, and it seems it was really more to do with the battery manufacturer.
4) The HERO7 doesn't overheat. It gets hot, especially at high resolution/frame rates, but most of the "overheating" is just hysteria over a sealed waterproof camera in a small little form factor with a powerful processor and sensor generating heat. Yes, it gets hot. No, it's not an issue.
4) Freezing is mostly due to SD card issues, not the camera
5) Battery life is what it is. About 1-2 hours of continuous recording (depends on resolution and frame rate). WTH are you going to do with two hours of continuous recorded video? If you need a security camera, get a security camera. Otherwise, 2 hours of recording should last you a full day or more.
4) Reusing problematic models? What kind of BS are you trying to spread here? Ummm, no. They are not reusing older models. LMFAO.
5) Actually, there are very few complaints, returns or otherwise.
6) The HERO7 is similar to the HERO6 but has twice the RAM, and as such, is capable of much more.
7) Poor livestream? WTF? Because it's 720p? 720p is still considered HD and it decreases latency. It doesn't seem like you want/need livestream, so why bring it up?
8) GoPro cameras come with a 30-day money back guarantee, so why not just find out for yourself?
9) Customer Service? You mean the Customer Service NewsWeek named top in 2019? GoPro has an excellent reputation for Customer Service. It's free and life long whether or not you subscribe to GoPro Plus (which is the monthly subscription for cloud storage, 50% off accessories, and two replacement cameras per year), so more misinformation on your part with pretty strong insinuations that are completely false.
10) I have three HERO7 Black cameras and all of them are awesome and have given me no issues.
11) "not if the camera is as poor as advertised" - Are you for real? So, you came to a GoPro community to ask a bunch of people who own and use GoPro cameras to regurgitate a bunch of nonsense and then ask if we think other competing cameras are better?
"$400 is a bit much to throw away", then don't.
01-05-2019 11:24 AM
I will say (i own a gopro 4 black and the 7 black) gopro is not nice to his customers,the 7 has a lot of bugs,and people who say its a great camera are not 100% honest,i own it since 3 weeks and i hate the battery life (worst than my hero 4) not using the camera it goes from 100% to 0 in 4 days,NOt using it,this is not acceptable from a 400 euros camera,everybody mention the stabilisation wich is great but my 7 freeze many times and need to have the battery taken off to get back to normal,the pictures (not videos) are better in my hero 4,i do lot of pictures and that sucks
01-05-2019 11:48 AM - edited 01-05-2019 11:49 AM
the 7 has a lot of bugs,and people who say its a great camera are not 100% honest
i don't appreciate being called a liar, when I say my Hero 7 Black does exactly as it should who are you to question it? Just because you may be having issues, please don't make judgement on everyone else when you've got no evidence to back up such a bold & stupid statement
01-05-2019 03:45 PM
Did i ever mentioned your name or used the word Liar???No,i just say mostly people take the new gopro ,do a video and as long it look good for them they are happy,i guess thats you and its wonderful...Me i just been bothered by the bugs and the battery life wich not great,yes it does its job ,great video with stabilisation but i use it also for other things,like pictures and its not always great (low light my gopro 4 is better) i have the right to make the comparaison since i own 2 and the new 7 is not as good as i thought,i'll wait for the gopro 10 who will be great im sure