Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Timewarp 2.0 Hero 8 time limit?

been using timewarp feature for the first few times lately and noticed it constantly stops recording after 3 minutes max recording time or less then 3 minutes the camera shuts off. I have a new san disk Micro SD card that has worked great for all other recordings for several months. The memory card was reformatted by gopro 8  and is completely empty 64g card. Battery is in great condition with a full charge of 100% When I have tried to do these timewarp recordings. I was expecting to be able to get a 8 or 10 minute timewarp recording. Any reason the camera is stopping its recording short? 

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Timewarp 2.0 Hero 8 time limit?

3 minute of record time or an hour walk saved to a 3 minute vid,    sd card issue  got no problem with that try a full format.

Highlighted
Nomad

As stated above the card was reformatted by the gopro camera itself several times... Please I dont want your fishy help seeking other people here in the forum that can read and write clearly...  I been recording at 2x speed and recorded a timewarp video final at the most of 3 minutes total. Not the time while I was recording the actual time of the final end produced video has been a max of 3 minutes using 2x recording setting. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

@rickv138 wrote:

As stated above the card was reformatted by the gopro camera itself several times... Please I dont want your fishy help seeking other people here in the forum that can read and write clearly...  I been recording at 2x speed and recorded a timewarp video final at the most of 3 minutes total. Not the time while I was recording the actual time of the final end produced video has been a max of 3 minutes using 2x recording setting. 

you need to let go of your attitude DUD, and also understand a simple quick format was your issue at hand. goof luck to you.

I am not the one with the issue but asked a question that simply could have  been answered.  You shot 3 minute timewarp from the push to  stop not  30 minutes. so the card is your issue  

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @rickv138. Hub members try as much as they can to help out. Going back to the issue, does it matter which resolution setting is used? I just recorded a video set to Time Warp at 4K, 2X, Wide, and I was able to record a 6-minute long video (manually stopped it, for testing purposes only). 

Do you get any message or notification when your camera stops recording? Is the camera still powered on after it stops recording? Do you check for video length on the camera? Are you able to playback the file?

Which SD card are you using? Information on brand and type will be helpful. Thanks!

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

For Mariustoyna: I recorded in 1080p mode "I like to save space on computer and memory cards" so I shoot in 1080p with linear lens mode at the 2x speed. Yesterday for sh8ts and giggles tried a different memory card and got a 3.5 minute final output timewarp video which I actually ended up stopping manually myself. So I am going to try another time using the same 2nd video memory card to see if I can get say a 7 or 8 minute final output timewarp video. I will let you know what I end up finding out. 

Thanks for the help Mariustoyn. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

@fishycomics wrote:

3 minute of record time or an hour walk saved to a 3 minute vid,    sd card issue  got no problem with that try a full format.

answer was given,  but hte trouble that happens is not gopro but hte user and that is where 99% gopro problems occure.

Reguardes FISH (perfect grammar)