Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Timelapse interval on Hero 5 black

[ New ]

Hello @hardyflame16323

Sorry to hear about that. You are on the right track doing the manual update. Let us see. Try this one: make sure you input the correct serial number (Starts with C316132...)

Then, follow this link: https://gopro.com/update . Once there, select HERO5 Black, then update your camera manually, then put in the necessary details. You will know that you are on the right page because the picture to the left of the form will be that of your camera (same model) and the sample serial number will be in the same format. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Marius,

i'm pretty darn sure i have the right serial number. I even scanned the qr code on the inside of the battery case and pasted it in the field: C33213245539## It starts differently, but i'm pretty sure i have the right number. The last couple of digits match my camera name.

I can also see the same number in the preferences screen on the camera.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @hardyflame16323

I verified and I cannot seem to find a serial number starting with  C332.. Could it be a C322? Better yet, if you can send me through private message a picture of the serial number (on screen of HERO5 Black camera that you can locate by going to Preferences, then About This GoPro), and a picture of the camera as well. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya,

Thanks for the help in the dm. indeed, now that you mention it, we didn't get a Hero 5 Black. The one we bought was advertized as Hero 5 LCD.

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled, connected my camera as a Hero.

Still no automatic prompt for update.

So I went to the update page, but there it says that the latest version of the Hero 2018 is v1.00, as shipped.

does it still make sense to update the firmware? i'd hate to do something slightly wrong and brick it.

The issue is the lack of other framerates than .5 seconds for timelape photo and video. Maybe there are other workarounds?

Cheers,

Menno

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @hardyflame16323

If you have the HERO(2018) camera, it only has one interval for time-lapse which is 0.5s.

I am sorry for any confusion caused regarding the camera model.

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for the answer, i guess that is it then. I'm fairly disappointed, because it means that i have about 1 hour maximum time to do timelapse, with my current 16GB SD card.

Tourist

[ New ]

Gosh! You should really call someone or have a message chat with the support team. I suggest the message chat because you'll get connected to someone quickly than with call.

If you can, find someone with a computer or laptop that has a windows 10 and download the Quik Desktop. It helps and prompts you to update your camera much quicker than phone.

Do excuse me for not checking back on this sooner

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks Foggytree.

But it turns out I simply have a different gopro than what I thought i had. I was kind of misled by the sellers.

I have a Hero 2018, not the 5 black that I thought i did. The firmware is the latest, so no update available.

I'm kind of bummed out by the fact that it doesn't have more than .5 second interval, so i'm going to have to do something else with it.

Cheers,

Menno