Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Timelapse interval on Hero 5 black

[ New ]
I recently bought a hero 5 black and i want to do timelapse videos, but I can't change the timing. Whatever I do, my only choice is 0.5 seconds. How do I get more options?
GoPro

Re: Timelapse interval on Hero 5 black

[ New ]

Hi @hardyflame16323

These are the following intervals available for timelapse vidoes: 60s | 30s | 10s |  5s |  2s |  1s | 0.5s

Have you tried changing the settings via the GoPro App? If you are still missing the rest of the intervals, please try a manual software update

Let us know how it goes.

You may also contact Support Team directly to further isolate the issue. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Ok, thanks. That's exactly my problem. None of the intervals you mention are available to me. Just 0.5 sec.

I'll try the manual update when I get to it.
Hiker

[ New ]
Oh and by the way, I did try via the touch screen and the app. Same problem.
Tourist

[ New ]

That is weird. If you're in the timelapse mode, you should be clicking the third icon on the row with the picture of the clock (look at 1st picture). After that, you should see "Time Lapse Video" . In order to change your intervals, it should be pretty easy (without the app).

Continue down below! 

Image result for gopro hero 5 timelapse mode

Once you're in timelapse mode in which it should show something like the picture at the bottom (only the symbol on the bottom left hand coner should be a clock). In addition to that, there should be in order: RES    INTR       FOV   . Obviously, we know that INTR stands for interval, which is what you want. I got all invertals from 60 seconds to 0.5. Even if I swich to different video format (NTSC or PAL), I'll still get the same intervals. The only thing I could think of is because the Hero 5 came out last year, the sellers don't open up the box and install new software. So yours could still need of some couple updates. My version is 02.60, but this might not be the latest update as I haven't updated mine for quite some time. You can view your verision number just by swiping down from the top of the screen and you should see "preferences". Scroll down until you see "About This GoPro" and look for version number at the bottom. But this is really strange though. When I first open my GoPro, it had everything. I would call the company and troubleshoot this. Do update your GoPro by desktop and downloading QUIK Desktop on their website. It's much faster to see updates than on the phone. Use the microUSB adapter cable that comes in the box to hook up with your GoPro to computer after you've download QUIK Desktop. Do let me what's you're seeing so far if you still have trouble. 

Related image
Hiker

[ New ]

OK, thanks Foggytree. I'll do a manual update. Looks like my version is 1.00, so that seems long overdue.

i just spent an hour downloading Quick (middle of nowhere, low bandwidth), but my windows is V7, and i can't installSmiley Sad

Looks like i'll have to do it via the app.

Will update.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @hardyflame16323

Greatly appreciate you trying out the suggested troubleshooting steps. We will wait for an update from you then. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi Marius,

I'm officially stuck.

I was told the best way is to use the quick desktop app. That's no go, because I don't have Windows 10.

I have the Android app, so no problem, i'll update from there. I have V1.00  on my camera, so update is definitely a good idea.

But somehow i don't get a prompt to update when i connect to the camera. I can see the camera, i can see the files, i can read info about the camera in the settings menu, but nowhere to update. If i go to updateds, it just says connect to the camera and it will prompt you for an update.

Alright, somehow that's not working, but no worries. I'll just go for option 3: manual update.

After clicking through a few screens, i get asked for my serial number and email.

Cool. I managed to find the seral number (it's also in the settings menu on the camera by the way) and fill in the 14 digit number (C+13digits)

But somehow the field remains red and I can't advance to the next screen.

So how do i update? This is really bugging me.

Cheers,

Menno