Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Timecode on files

[ New ]

I am using 2 GoPro Hero 7's. One file has regular time on the file (starting at 00:00) and another has a timecode. Is there way to turn off the timecode so it just starts at zero? Thanks!

GoPro

Re: Timecode on files

[ New ]

Hello, @smalls102k7. Are your cameras updated to the latest firmware? Are your cameras using formatted, recommended SD cards? A photo showing the screen display on the cameras will help isolate the issue. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I know one is updated for sure (and that is the one that is putting timecodes into the files recorded)..... I checked the more recent files from both cameras (noticed the problem with video from March/April that started this thread) and looks like both now have the timecode so it seems like the update changed the recording settings (assuming the other is now updated). Is there a way to change it back?

GoPro

[ New ]

@smalls102k7. By changing it back, do you mean to an older firmware? We do not have a way to downgrade the camera firmware. For further assistance, you may connect with our Support Team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Tourist

[ New ]
I just want to change it so the times on the file start at 0:00 instead of the time code. It shouldn't be forced to have timecode file times.