Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

TimeLapse Video From Still Photos

[ New ]

I am attempting to make a video (assembly of a LEGO set). I want to take photos and compile them in a video to show assembly of the LEGO set.  It is not possible to set a specific time for taking a photo, therefore I use the voice commands when I need a photo.  My final editing will be using Windows version of Adobe Premiere Elements 2020.  I desire my photos to be 16:9 ratio!  I do not want the black spaces on the sides of my final video.  How can I get 16:9 ratio on GoPro Hero8 in photo mode?  My final compilation will consist of approximate 4000 to 5000 photos to produce a video about 15-20 minutes in duration.  Open to other suggestions as well.

GoPro

Re: TimeLapse Video From Still Photos

[ New ]

Hello @jlwagner. Photo capture in GoPro cameras is currently set in 4:3 aspect ratio. If you want to have the image cropped, you'll have to do it in the app or post-process.

Hiker

[ New ]

It is true!  Sadly.  I have resorted to mT in 4K @@1st intervals.

originally, I did not want my hands in the video as I only wanted the LEGO pieces as they were assembled.  I know there are ways to stretch 4:3 to 16:9, but it's easier to just TL with voice & showing my hands in the assembly.

Thank you

Highlighted
Backpacker

[ New ]

Stretching the video will cause distortion.

Your GoPro has a square sensor, hence the timelapse which uses the full sensor results in a square picture. 

When you have your photo's all compiled in your video editor, simply set your sequence up for 16:9 ratio and zoom in until the photo fills the 16:9 space.  It's that simple

Hiker

[ New ]

I have decided to just go with the TimeLapse mode: mTr4.  This will give me TimeLapse @ 4k 16:9.  I am using 1 second intervals.  I will compress the video further to 50% of original.  That will suit my needs.  This is not what I originally intended, but will actually suffice.

Thank you,

Jeffrey