Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Time warp issues

[ New ]

Is anyone else having issues with time warp locking up their Hero 7 Black? 4-5 times I have started a 40-50 minute recording that appears to be recording but when I stop the recording the camera becomes unresponsive. I then have to power off and I loose my recording.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Time warp issues

[ New ]

Hi @seanp76812,

You may try to reinstall the firmware.

Just follow the manual update steps here: https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

If issue persist please contact our Customer Support Team via phone or chat to have it sorted out. 

Regards,

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

[ New ]

My First Hero 7 Black did exactly that. I had a Sandisk Extreme Plus in Her, I returned that camera.   and  my lock up was   freed as i  sat down to do a video on it.  

1. press once stop and  it should take up to 5 plus seconds to stop.

long press forced mine off and saved the  file, repaired it.

what settings were you on in TW 5, 1,0, 15, 30?

Tourist

[ New ]
Happened while the GoPro was in 15 and 30. I also noticed the GoPro felt hot to the touch when it was locked up
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi seanp76812

What SD card are you using?

Have you tried other modes to see if the same happens?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Using the 64GB sandisk card that came with it from GoPro. I haven’t done any long video recording just time warp. Ill reformat the card and do some tests this weekend to see if it locks up in other modes too
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @seanp76812

Feel free to post back once you're able to test it out.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
So reformat the SD card that shipped with. I recorded 20 minutes of timewarp 4K x15. Stopped recording with iPhone app verified recordings were on the SD then started a new recording( same settings). GoPro stopped recording with in a few minutes. WiFi and Bluetooth were then unreachable and camera was hot. Camera required a reboot for WiFi and Bluetooth to be reachable again.Swapped out SD cards with a similar Sandisk Extreme, similar out come.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @seanp76812,

You may try to reinstall the firmware.

Just follow the manual update steps here: https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

If issue persist please contact our Customer Support Team via phone or chat to have it sorted out. 

Regards,

-Jay