Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Time warp issues

Is anyone else having issues with time warp locking up their Hero 7 Black? 4-5 times I have started a 40-50 minute recording that appears to be recording but when I stop the recording the camera becomes unresponsive. I then have to power off and I loose my recording.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Time warp issues

Hi @seanp76812,

You may try to reinstall the firmware.

Just follow the manual update steps here: https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

If issue persist please contact our Customer Support Team via phone or chat to have it sorted out. 

Regards,

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

My First Hero 7 Black did exactly that. I had a Sandisk Extreme Plus in Her, I returned that camera.   and  my lock up was   freed as i  sat down to do a video on it.  

1. press once stop and  it should take up to 5 plus seconds to stop.

long press forced mine off and saved the  file, repaired it.

what settings were you on in TW 5, 1,0, 15, 30?

Highlighted
Tourist

Happened while the GoPro was in 15 and 30. I also noticed the GoPro felt hot to the touch when it was locked up
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi seanp76812

What SD card are you using?

Have you tried other modes to see if the same happens?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Using the 64GB sandisk card that came with it from GoPro. I haven’t done any long video recording just time warp. Ill reformat the card and do some tests this weekend to see if it locks up in other modes too
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @seanp76812

Feel free to post back once you're able to test it out.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

So reformat the SD card that shipped with. I recorded 20 minutes of timewarp 4K x15. Stopped recording with iPhone app verified recordings were on the SD then started a new recording( same settings). GoPro stopped recording with in a few minutes. WiFi and Bluetooth were then unreachable and camera was hot. Camera required a reboot for WiFi and Bluetooth to be reachable again.Swapped out SD cards with a similar Sandisk Extreme, similar out come.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @seanp76812,

You may try to reinstall the firmware.

Just follow the manual update steps here: https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

If issue persist please contact our Customer Support Team via phone or chat to have it sorted out. 

Regards,

-Jay