Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer
Accepted Solution

Time to let GoPro know you want hte messege to appear of overheat! post in here if you have or not

94 degrees Ferienheit   during the recording, as soon as  I hit stop no warning at all camera  is OFF. no overlay words of over heat tempeture.. etc..  Had to cool the camera in order to return back to the On stage, a Longer press got the camera to come on, to simply turn off within a  20 seconds, some more cooling and she was good  I turned off  wi-fi and simply had to use voice command to cut back on some  of the  working  controls, I also was on HD1080P@60f wide with zoom..  If you experience over heating We must let gopro know otherwise this will be an going  issue  How can we get t ogopro  and continue this thread wit heveryone who owns a gopro hero 6 black

If you own one post below   ypu want htis to be resolved  sending feedback is not the answer or telling us to get to support  you own one post up one of not then that means you  do not mind the issue

FISH  spread the word getthis  resolved.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Time to let GoPro know you want hte messege to appear of overheat! post in here if you have o...

Hello @fishycomics

Thank you for sharing this outcome. Appreciate you for doing the test and for providing us feedback. From your setup I gather that the camera was recording at 1080p, 60fps, FOV Wide with Zoom, camera reached a temperature of 94 degrees Fahrenheit and shut off without warning. 

We typically say that the camera would shut down once it reaches 125 degrees Fahrenheit, and based on the manual, a temperature icon will appear on the status screen (front screen) when the camera becomes too hot. Could it be that the warning icon did not show up because the temperature was only 94 degrees Fahrenheit? But then again, it is interesting to note that the camera turned off without warning. 

I have never seen such an icon on my HERO6 Black camera but most probably because it has not experienced overheating since I got it. How did your setup look like? Where was the camera located and how was it mounted? Which SD card were you using?

Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Time to let GoPro know you want hte messege to appear of overheat! post in here if you have o...

Hello @fishycomics

Thank you for sharing this outcome. Appreciate you for doing the test and for providing us feedback. From your setup I gather that the camera was recording at 1080p, 60fps, FOV Wide with Zoom, camera reached a temperature of 94 degrees Fahrenheit and shut off without warning. 

We typically say that the camera would shut down once it reaches 125 degrees Fahrenheit, and based on the manual, a temperature icon will appear on the status screen (front screen) when the camera becomes too hot. Could it be that the warning icon did not show up because the temperature was only 94 degrees Fahrenheit? But then again, it is interesting to note that the camera turned off without warning. 

I have never seen such an icon on my HERO6 Black camera but most probably because it has not experienced overheating since I got it. How did your setup look like? Where was the camera located and how was it mounted? Which SD card were you using?

Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius