Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Time on GoPro 8

On my camera, time has stopped. I connect the gopro app, synchronize the time to the correct one. The next day, the time does not change, the time of the last synchronization is saved. Until I reconnect gopro to my phone or computer.
Firmware version 01.50. I did a full reset on the camera. No result.

На моей камере время остановилось. Подключаюсь gopro app, синхронизирую время на правильное. На следующий день время не меняется, сохраняется время последней синхронизации. До тех пор пока снова не подключу gopro к телефону или компьютеру.
Версия прошивки 01.50. Полный сброс настрое камеры делал. Нет результата.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Time on GoPro 8

I've just noticed that i'm getting the same thing on mine.  manual install of the firmware and restore to factory resets didn't do anything to resolve it.

Highlighted
Backpacker

hi guys,

I said the same 3 weeks ago .....

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/hero8-date-time-lost/m-p/479043

today my replacement has just arrived.

robert

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Robert. I gave the camera under warranty. Let's see what they answer. I hope to be solved as quickly.
Highlighted
Hiker

set calendar type on your phone to "Gregorian", i think gopro don't know other carlendar type,Resulting in the wrong time on the camera.

Highlighted
Tourist

Today I changed the camera under warranty.
Changed quickly. The answer from GoPro came on the same day - “change”.
I think that not everything is so simple. (Do not forget about the full reset which did not help)

Highlighted
Backpacker

hi 

@martovsky- glade it is solved so quickly

@nawapong - it is not about phone calendar type ... does not matter how do you set the date/time on GoPro (manually, sync with phone) this setting will remain as start date/time every time you power on your H8. ... basically H8 does not count date/time if off.

have a nice day!

robert

Highlighted
Nomad

Same with me this is the second HERO 8 replacement from Best Buy brand new, Install the Firmware to the Newest one battery in download GoPro APP connect camera iphone was able to control the camera, turn off the Camera first than close the APP remove battery from Hero 8 the next day put the battery in turn on Hero 8 and here is the message.

I sync the HERO 8 with the APP from my iPhone so far so good, turn off Camera close APP remove battery from Camera wait for 30 minutes later insert Battery into HERO 8 same message from the camera than I check the Calendar is hold, the TIME just not sync than I proceed to setup MANUALLY to see if the Camera will hold. Same steps wait for 10 minutes same steps CAMERA CANNOT HOLD THE TIME... That's why I return it because some footage was corrupts I think the timing mess up with the footage and the camera Rocord at the same time as last time so the file name has the same time... GOPRO NEED TO FIX THIS ISSUE ASAP this CASE is extremetly CRITICAL for GoPro User like myself.   

IMG_4475.jpg