Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Time lapse won't playback in Quik but photos and thumbnail are there

Hi all,

I have a Hero 5 Black w/sw v2.60.  I set up night time lapse photos and let the camera run until the battery depleted.  The photos uploaded to Quik with no problem, and the thumbnail appears on the main Quik screen.  When double-clicking though, the playback window doesn't show any photos and clicking the play button does nothing.  Looking in a different application, the photo files appear correctly (although not in time lapse playback fashion).  Any suggestions?

GoPro

Re: Time lapse won't playback in Quik but photos and thumbnail are there

Hello @loyalwave75374

Thank you for reaching out. We just released new version for Quik for Desktop. See if installing it resolves the issue. You can follow this link for the download. https://shop.gopro.com/APAC/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

I'm running Quik 2.6.2.770 and have the same problem.

Please see attached screenshot.  There is a timelapse photo (1,099 images) that shows up in media thumbnails.  When I double click the timelapse, and press the play button, nothing appears.  All of the images are visible individually on the SD card and on my storage.

timelapse thumbnail.jpg
Tourist

This screenshot shows Quik when I try to play back the timelapse.

timelapse playback.jpg
GoPro

Hi @foggybeach84872

May I know the complete specs of your device?

Also have you tried exporting the file already and play it using your device media player. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

Hi @graytree76514

I'm using Quik on a mid-2012 macbook air running OSX 10.13.4.   2Ghz core i7 and 8GB RAM.  When troubleshooting this problem I noticed that Quik isn't CPU bound (i.e. it doesn't seem to be working on anything) and it's not doing any substantial disk I/O either.  Seems like it's just sitting there doing nothing.

The time lapse I took ran over 9 hours from 10PM to 7AM.  On the GoPro SD card, it has been split into two folders - 100GOPRO and 101GOPRO.  In Quik, it's split across two days.

Not sure what you mean by export - this is a photo timelapse (not a video timelapse).  I can see all of the individual JPEG images on the filesystem.  Quik just doesn't seem to be able to do anything with them.

I can make a copy of the SD card available if required.

Cheers

Sam

Tourist

Any ideas? Do you want me to upload the SD card somewhere to see if you can reproduce the problem?

GoPro

Hi @foggybeach84872

Sure. You may share the raw files via Dropbox.

By the way, what interval did you use when it was taken?

I have shot a couple of test time lapse photos and was able to play them via Quik for Desktop without any errors.

For reference you may also check: Minimum System Requirements for Quik for Desktop.

Thanks!

Ej