Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Time lapse won't playback in Quik but photos and thumbnail are there

Same problem here.

I get a black screen when trying to play large files of timelapse. I get the thumbnail, but when I try to play the timelapse, it fails.

I have tried many different file sizes and it seems that smaller files(under 999 pictures) works fine, but when it becomes over 1000 pic, it wont play the file.

GoPro

Hello @mngosjef

Have you been able to view the files using other media players as suggested above? 

What SD card are you using?

Thanks!

Tourist

Hello:

Same problem here. I took a time lapse yesterday. 1801 frames. I uploaded to my laptop and attempted to edit. The pictures are on the hard drive but Quik cannot seem to open them. I have the latest version of Quick. I am running Windows 10. They do play (but not in timelapse format) in Windows Media Player. I also exported them to Adobe Premiere Elements but cannot get the timelapse to work in the same way that Quick does.

Can you help me edit the timelapse and post it on Quick?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @trnsprt

Have the folder(where the timelapse photos are saved) added to Quik for desktop.

See instructions listed here.

Once done, open the file on Quik then click on the create a clip(scissors) icon.

Make the necessary adjustments then save the clip.

A video file should now be saved on the GoPro folder.

Windows Media Player and Adobe Premiere Elements should now recognize this as a video.

Let us know if this works.

Thanks!

Ej