Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Time lapse of a pool construction

Hi my pool construction starts in a couple days and I want to make a time lapse video of it I have my GoPro hero 4 set up on my balcony and am going to run it with the power connected to the wall so I shouldn’t have battery issues but am concerned about the memory card size, resolution and how many pics I should set it to per hour the pool takes about 3 weeks to complete and want a really cool time lapse of it all can someone please help with what I have to do?
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Time lapse of a pool construction

I also want to record it for about 10 hours a day
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Time lapse of a pool construction

It really would depend on how smooth you want the action and what length you want the final video to be.  I mean if you want the entire clip to only be 3 minutes, then you can space out the time between shots more.  When I do night lapse shots, I tend to take a picture every 5 or 15 seconds.  5 seconds if there's a wind out and clouds are really moving, 15 seconds if it's calmer. 

You can pick up a 128GB compatible memory card quite cheaply which will give you plenty of room for timelapse shots.  Make sure you check this list before purchase:  Recommended Memory Cards

You can always do a 1 day timelapse and at the end of the day, remove the memory card and see how much space you used up.  You can then calculate how many day's total you can fit on the card.