Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Time lapse files not saving

[ New ]

In th east I have made time lapse videos with no problems on GoPro 7 black. Last two times I have tried its saved the files as jpgs but not saved them as an mpeg4 file anywhere. I have checked the regular places on card and laptop but nothing. How do I now get them to play and save as an mp4file?

this is useleful for my running and cycling and I need to keep using time lapse. I havnt touched any settings anywhere and can't find any help online.

please someon help

Nomad

Re: Time lapse files not saving

[ New ]

Select "timelapse" on your GoPro.  Once this has been selected go into the timelapse settings.  Make sure the setting is set to "Timelapse Video" and not "Timelapse Photo".  If photo is selected your timelapse will be saved as a series of JPG's.  If Video is selected your timelapse will be automatically converted to an MP4 when it's finished recording.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks, the settings are right .. it's twice this has happened and I havnt touched the settings at all. Luckily this want one of my running races or I'd be totally miffed about it.

gopro help isn't enough to help with this problem. I now have two folders full of mpg files that I can't get a movie from.

is there any way to recover these errors?

Nomad

[ New ]

You have two folders full of mpg files?  I thought you said it was saving as JPG's and not MPG's?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Sorry, yes I meant jpg files.. bit overheated from my run

Nomad

[ New ]

You can download an old version of GoPro Studio (long discontinued).  That will stack all those JPG's for you and turn them into a timelapse movie.