Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Time Warp Video Being Broken Up

I have a Hero 8 and took my first time warp video today, a simple drive downtown and back which took twenty minutes. When i went to the app it had five videos on there, 4 were 5:20 long and the fifth was the remaining time on my trip. Does anyone know why the camera broke the video up into five parts? Is there a maximum time warp length? I was shooting 4k at 30X rate wide. Thanks in advance! 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Time Warp Video Being Broken Up

Hello, @hardyflare64177. The clips that your video was split into are chapters. Chaptering is automatically done in the camera when a certain file size (approximately 4GB) is reached. There is no way to adjust or change this setting. Learn more about chaptering through this link

You may want to explore the GoPro Labs firmware for your HERO8 Black camera. One of its QR-coded features includes larger chapters for fewer files in long video captures. Increasing the file size limit from 4GB to 12GB.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Time Warp Video Being Broken Up

Thank you so much! Super helpful.
Highlighted
Tourist

QR Codes

One more question mariustanya - When installing a QR enabled code feature, say to increase chapters from 4GB to 12, is there a way to reverse thee changes if they are unwanted at a later date? 

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: QR Codes

you should be see it  in the 12gb chapter  this is the code  for 4gb   notice the 12 gb  not checked

Untitled.png

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi, @hardyflare64177. if you meant going back to the non-beta firmware, yes. You only need to manually update your camera following the steps under Manual Update here

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks so much y'all, cheers!