Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Time Lapse Video option not visible

[ New ]

My brand new (never used before) Hero 4 Black does not show, under the VIDEO section, the Time Lapse video option. I have gone through setup and settings multiple times but it still does not show as an option in which to record.

GoPro

Re: Time Lapse Video option not visible

[ New ]

@coolbeach5283, make sure that the camera has the latest firmware installed. See Software Update Instructions for HERO4 Cameras for the instructions on how you can update your camera.

You can also check the HERO4 Black's Product Manual here: https://gopro.com/content/dam/help/hero4-black/manuals/UM_H4Black_ENG_REVA_WEB.pdf

Nomad

[ New ]

That's becuase it's not under the video settings, it's located in the time lapse settings.  Also there is no automatic timelapse video settings in The GoPro Hero 4 Black.  There is only timelapse and night lapse.  Both of these modes take photos at intervals which then must be compiled in a video editor to turn it into a timelapse video.

Tourist

[ New ]

This is the confusing part. The mini-manual (4" x 4") that comes with the camera DOES NOT show the time lapse icon for Video, yet the online complete manual for the Hero4 Black DOES show that it is an option. Thanks for clarifying this, I will capture stills and combine them in editing for a video

Tourist

[ New ]
This suggestion to update firmware solved the issue, thank you.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for sharing @coolbeach5283

Feel free to post back if something comes up.