Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: Time Lapse SD Card Error Silver 4

I have the same issue as the previous posts , here is the solution that seems to be working untill now ( someone as already talked abou it ) :

If i format my - SAMSUNG 16  EVO - 16Gb in my iMac .. with the extension “ MS-DOS “ , i can shoot time-lapse for ever …

I also formatted my - SAMSUNG PRO 64 - 64 Gb .. with extension “exFAT “ … the go pro gives me the SD ERROR , at image 26 .

So what format should i use to format my cards , as i can see ... if i don’t format them in my GoPro , and if i use  “ MS-DOS FAT “ ..i can shoot forever ..in time-lapse … with bigger intervals than 0.5 sec .

best regards ,

Explorer

The only difference between DOS FAT (FAT) and exFAT is the limitation to 32Gb with FAT. I'm wondering if maybe you have a counterfeit Samsung Pro.
Anonymous

I dont know about that ... but its what makes the GoPro frezze at 26 images or not ... is the type of formatation . I think i will buy a new 64GB SD card .

Can you suggest a good one , that those have issues , to give it a try ? .

thanks

Explorer

@Anonymous

The card that has given me zero issues is the Samsung Pro, but since you seem to not be having luck with that card I have to suggest the Lexar 633x. It's reliable and inexpensive. The one brand I'd stay away from is Sandisk. I know they are recommended and some people seem to have good luck with them, but for me they have given me less than stellar performance.

Tourist

FYI, I have the Lexar 633x and was suffering the same problem with Time Lapse (at 26-27 frames). If your SD cards are listed, I strongly suggest that instead of getting new SD cards, just downgrade and then upgrade again the firmware. It takes 10-15 minutes and seems to solve the problem. Good luck!

Anonymous

I have downgraded the gopro to the version 3.0 and then upgraded it to 4.0 ... but i still have the same errors !!

should i downgrade to version 1.0 ?

thanks 

Tourist

In my case, I downgraded to 2.0 and then upgraded to the latest version Gopro's site had.

I am not an expert on this (I only know what worked for me! :-) but I would suggest you try and downgrade to 2.0 and see what happens.

Good luck!

Tourist

Had the same issue, except I got 28 pictures before the timelapse failed with the SD ERR and rebooted. Also noticed that while taking some videos it stopped recording once in a while after a few mins... It was in my drone so I didn't notice until I landed.

I decided to doubled-down - downgrade to 2.0, upgrade back AND low-level formatted the 32GB Sandisk Ultra. It couldn't hurt!

In the end, all is well! timelapse is fixed! In fact, after doing this my Class 4 8GB card I was testing worked pretty well too, TImelapse and 1080p30 video. It did not like it at all before I did all this..