Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Time Lapse SD Card Error Silver 4

Update: I downgraded the firmware from the latest (4?) back to 2 and wouldn't you know, I'm shooting a timelapse with 5 second intervals without an issue! Currently up to shot #75 (which is up from ~27). 

So, 

1) Is there anything in firmware 4 that's really needed above 2, and,

2) What's been broken and not fixed in 4?

Anonymous

Tengo el mismo problema... Mi Gopro hero 4 silver solo toma 27 fotos en el modo time lapse. Tienes alguna solución?
Explorer

[ Edited ]

Backpacker

@Anonymous @danielr15 @Anonymous @karlm8762 @mattb.

Same issue now for over year now but with one extra issue. 

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-Quits-The-Time-Lapse-On-Its-Own/m-p/1911/highlight/true#M831

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hi All

I have been shooting nightlapses with no problems until saturday when I experienced the following problem.

Shooting Nightlapse, 26 frames in SD-Error.  All other modes working fine.

I'm using a Sandisk Extreme 90 Mb/s card - it's my only one.

After leaving it overnight (in the hope pixies might fix it) I started to mess around with it.

I took a slower sandisk ultra card out of my dashcam.  Formatted it and shot a nightlapse - went through 26 and beyond with no problems.

Loaded the Extreme card back in, formatted it. Shot a nightlapse - went on for ages, no errors.

Once that was done I could shoot nightlapses with no problem thereafter

Now here is an interesting bit of testing I undertook.

Before I hit the SD-Error I shot my first ever, 4K video about 15 seconds worth. (I've had the camera about a month and have on stuck to modes with 30FPS or above frame rate.)

Once I had fixed the problem and tested it repeatedly, I shot some more 4K footage and immediatly afterwards I had an SD Error when shooting nightlapse.

I followed my procedure for putting a slow card in, shooting to it, replacing the problem card and formatting it. After this the problem was once again gone.

I'm not saying this is in anyway a complete solution or a permanent fix - but it seemed to work and seemed to be repeatable when shooting 4K prior to the timelapse. My card now appears to be working fine.

The question I am left pondering is could this be somehow related to 4k file sizes or does 4k do some black magic to the card?

I'm very much a video noob, so kind of just followed a systematic approach of wondering what I had done differently - and in my case I know that the problem occured after my first 4K video and was repeated after shooting a second 4k vid.

Be interested to hear if anyone else can repeat this or if a GoPro Tech can bring anything technical in

Paul

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Just an edit to the above

When I was fault finding I put the shutter on auto - meaning that the interval was considerably lower.  I did encounter the 26 frame bomb out at this setting. So was pretty happy with the outcome.

I will be doing a true test under the same conditions tonight and will report my findings

Anonymous

Update

Further testing shows the problem is still present, but more erratic.  

As my Gopro is under a month old I'm going to get it exchanged.

Hopefully a proper solution to this problem comes up soon (Hope I don't need it in future)

Anonymous

Something to resolve problem? I did the manual  updating yesterday, even buy a new card that recommended at Your GoPro site, but nothing new appears in case. I try with my SanDisk 16GB Mobile Ultra Class 10, 64GB Ultra Class 10 and new Samsung PRO 64GB UHS-I with rs90-ws80MB/s. When I use the video lapse mode at 4k with different time interval, it's works fine, only at photo mode (Time Lapse and Night Lapse) it's stop at 27 and SD Err appears. It's my second camera with new update 3.0 and have same problem. I resend first camera to my reseller for replace.

Can You do something with update bugs to resolve this annoying thing?