Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Time Lapse SD Card Error Silver 4

Adding another voice to this choir.

I tried to do a night lapse with 20 second exposure on continuous with ProTune enabled, and connected to a power outlet. My GoPro Hero 4 silver edition only took 28 pictures before it stopped with an SD card error. I am using a Delkin 660X UHS-I U3 64GB, which is supposed to be a very GoPro-capable SD card.

Camera is up-to-date with 3.00.00 firmware.

GoPro

Hi @tristank51

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. Please take a look through the previous posts, and I think that you will find the possible solutions are outlined there. The Delkin 660X isn't one of our recommended cards (though that's not to say that it won't work). As such, I would suggest borrowing a friend's card from the recommended list and seeing if that improves the issue. I would also suggest reformatting the cards as well as running a manual update to the camera using the link HERE

If you continue to run into trouble, it will be best to contact the GoPro Support Team so that they can look into the warranty of the camera. 

I hope that helps!

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I'm experiencing the same with a GoPro Hero 4 Black, (one of six in a 360 rig)

In time lapse mode it fails at number 27, "SD Card Error"

Have checked with different SD card, same problem.

Have checked SD in different GoPro, no fault.

All GoPros on latest firmware.

GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into that problem with your camera. Please do take a look at the existing thread before posting, as it can become increasingly difficult to find a solution when a problem is brought up, resolved, and then brought up again. Our hope is that the Support Hub will be a place where users can come to find solutions, and I think that you will find the solution is already here in the thread. 

You're at a distinct advantage since you've already got other cameras to try in your rig. If the SD card works in the other cameras, you can easily rule out the SD card option. Despite this camera being fully up to date, I would still recommend re-updating it manually to see if that resolves the problem with the camera. 

If it doesn't, then please reach out to the Support Team so that they can look into the warranty of the product. 

Let us know how it goes!

Tourist

Hi Matt,

I tried reformatting the card and updating the software. I don't have any friends with SD cards on the official list.

The problem is still occuring, although this time it only took 26 pictures.

This is really frustrating. I've now spent so much time trying to make this work that the one year warranty has passed by a few weeks.

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

try this :) i hope clear the problems

FIX TIME LAPSE/NIGHT LAPSE SD ERR @28 PICTURES IN THE GOPRO 4 BLACK V3 FIRMWARE

FIRST
UPDATE AGAIN TO V3 = STILL SD ERR

SECOND
DOWNGRADE TO V2 = WORKING WELL/NORMAL

THIRD
UPDATE AGAIN TO V3 = STILL SD ERR AGAIN

FOURTH
DOWNGRADE AGAIN TO V1 = WTF!! HERO4 IN V1

FIFTH
UPGRADE AGAIN TO V3 = WORKING WELL/ WELL DONE :D

GoPro

Hi @tristank51,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still running into trouble. I would recommend still reaching out to Support and letting them know your situation. It may also help, in regards to the warranty, if you can link them your post here in the Community, if your original post was within the time of the warranty. In any case, however, the team is pretty good about working with customers on a case-by-case basis, and I would recommend contacting them if none of the steps are working to resolve the problem for you. 

Tourist

Yep, same problem here. Hero4 Silver using 32GB SanDisk Extreme 3 - SD Error message after 27-28 shots. 

Before the card is blamed, like others I too can shoot timelapse at the highest frame rate of 0.5 without an issue. It's when shooting at anything else (read: slower frame and date rate) that I encounter the problem.

I've updated to the latest firmware, and logged a support call. Why isn't there a fix for this????