Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Time Lapse SD Card Error Silver 4

Hello everyone,

Have the same problem here with a Gopro Hero 4 Black.

I use it in a 360 rig with 3 others. They work fine except this one. Always freezing after 26 picts!

I swapped the SD cards between cameras, and it is always the same camera which throws a SD ERR, independantly of the SD card used. It is definitly a faulty camera.

The problem is that I had to change the lens to be used on my rig which avoided the warranty. It is the second time that I encounter problems with gopro cameras that doesn't function as they are supposed to. The last time I had a camera which was unable to film more then 1h06mn in 2.7k mode...

So I have know 2 cameras out of 6 that are unusable in certain configuration without the possibility to have them replaced. Very frustrating with cameras that costs more than 400$ each. There is a real QA problem in the manufacturing of Gopros when 33% of them are faulty in a way or another...

I hope Gopro will issue a firmware update that will correct the encountered problem but I doubt it ... Seems more a hardware or electrical problem,

Have to throw 800$ away again...

Anonymous

Thanks for everyones comments and suggestions.  Staff at Gopro have been very good and professional at offering to exchange my camera.  Sounds like this may be a relatively common problem.  I hope I don't need to use this support Hub to discuss the same problem or for that matter any other problem with the camera again. 

GoPro

@Anonymous, I'm glad we were able to get you helped out!

@guernegor, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this same type of problem. While modifying the camera does void the warranty, you may want to try reaching out to Support still to see if they can do anything to help or to have them look and see what kinds of modifications you made to the camera. Do try the other troubleshooting listed first, but if the problem continues, then I'd say it's worth a shot to check in with them!

Anonymous

I received my replacement GoPro in a very timely manner, thanks GoPro.  I tried a time lapse recording with my same SD cards and things appears to be working fine.

Tourist

Hi,

same problem for me with my Hero 4 Silver. I purchased my camera in December in New Zeland but soon i am leaving the country so replacing wouldnt be possible. Just manually reupdated firmware but didnt help. SD card is fast enough. Is there some possibility how to solve this problem without replacing camera? Thanks

GoPro

Hi @marekm776

Did you already read through all the troubleshooting given in this thread and try those things? Did you try using a different SD card from the recommended list

If you have tried all the troubleshooting, you probably would need to get the product swapped out. You are leaving New Zealand soon you said, but where are you going after that, and will you be there for a while? The Support Team is pretty good about figuring out ways to work with changing plans and to figure out how best to help you out with a replacement if your camera is still under warranty. 

Tourist

Hi @mattb,

yes, I read all posts. Thats why i tried that reupdating firmware. Another SD card i havent tried because i dont have any other from the list and just for trying it i dont want to buy a new one :(

After New Zealand i will be in the Czech Republic. Camera i purchased 3 months ago.

Btw it makes 28 pictures and then announces SD card error and stops timelapse...

Thank you very much for helping me.

Marek

GoPro

Hi @marekm776

Thanks for responding back. I wonder if it would be possible for you to borrow a card from someone while traveling or even check in with a shop that sells GoPro or camera accessories too see if they have a card you could test in the camera. 

If that doesn't work, then almost certainly I would imagine there's an issue with the camera. I'd also recommend you contact Support about the issue sooner than later, just to make sure they've marked date for your case in case you need to make use of the warranty.