Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Time Lapse SD Card Error Silver 4

[ New ]

After posting this problem and the lousy support from GoPro on the GoPro Facebook page I was offered a 20% discount on the purchase of a new Gopro of my choice in exchange for my Hero 4 Silver. Is this planned obselence by GoPro? Will the same issue occur with the 5/6 after a few years? With all the problems Hero 4 owners are having you would think Gopro would respone with a fix.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have exactly the same problem! 

Anonymous

[ New ]

check your mail, already sent the firmwares!

Hiker

[ New ]

If your cameras under warranty you might get a replacement otherwise you are on your own. I have found that if you hold the power button for ~ 8 to 10 seconds and let the camera cycle on to off a few time or press and hold the power button then press the shutter button and hold for a few seconds, night lapse will sometimes work as advertised, sometimes. Good luck and don't expect support from GoPro.

Hiker

[ New ]
Who did you send to? Will it correct the problem we are having?
Anonymous

[ New ]
You want them, send me your email and i´ll send the right away!
Hiker

[ New ]

mattb...thanks for you interest in the problems numerous GoPro 4 owners are having. This issue is ongoing two years after the original post. Just today, 12/29/17 a new post appears expressing his problem. I think it has been firmily established that the problem is not with the SD cards, it is a GoPro camera problem with the cause still unknown and apparently no interest in resolving the problem from GoPro. You suggest contacting the "Support Team." I have numerous times and their solution is a camera exchange and twenty percent off on the purchase of a new camera. Not what I want to do. Phone support and chat are not worth the waste of time. If you have any other suggestion other then contacting support please respond to the group. There is a growing list of owners looking for an answer.

Tourist

[ New ]
Same problem, been with support for 2 hours on chat, called, email, facebook.... They dont care. Buy a new one with 20% discount is their solution, which works out more expencive than if i bought a new gopro from out local electronics store here in sweden. Not surprising gopro shares have droped rock bottom. Garmin Virb Ultra 30 for me now.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Guys, not to be an ass, but it seems to me many people are not properly doing their research in this topic. Many months ago I had the same issue, and after trying many things, was able to find a solution, related to downgrading the Hero's firmware and then upgrading it again. Every now and then I'm getting an e-mail from this site, telling someone posted something related to this issue and, to my dismay, I find that many are still finding the issue but not exploring the solution I posted months ago but instead asking if there's an issue with the memory card, talking about getting a new camera from GoPro, and so forth.

I don´t know if getting a replacement makes a difference. I know that in my case, it was not needed. You just need to do what I said I did, months ago. I don't have the specifics with me now. Anyone with these issue, should just go through this thread and look for a post from "bluedawn73587", months ago, with the solution.

Best of of luck to all.

Peace, and happy 2018!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Agreed. A number of us have posted solutions to the problem and yet no one bothers to read or attempt a solution for themselves.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the help.
A few things that i want to mention.
1. After hours of time wasted with gopro service, online chat, facebook messenger and calling, i was told that they do not have the old firmware anymore so cant send it to me to downgrade. I find this hard to believe that once new firmware is out, they destroy all previous versions.
2. They told me i should not downgrade camera.
3. There is clearly a problem with the firmware that is affecting some 4 silvers but gopro choose not to address the problem but say try new sd card if that fails, buy a new one.
4. Ignore and close case when the problem is not sorted, buying a new one with 20% discount is not a solution.
5. Why has support not advised customers with this problem to do what you recomend? They beat around the bush and say but new one.

Any way, i give up with them, good product, terrible service. They need to realise, they not the only quality action camera on the market anymore.

Thanks anyway for the advise

Hiker

[ New ]

Exactly what I was told by GoPro support.

Anonymous

[ New ]

hi.can you rewrite your post about downgrade an "reupdate, cos i have the same problem, and i didn t find  yur post.many thanks

Anonymous

[ New ]

The only way to make your GP4 work on time lapse mode is to have installed firmware V2

Anonymous

[ New ]

ok, thank you.and there is a proedure or hopw cam i find V2?

Anonymous

[ New ]

Send me your email, and i´ll send you the link to the 5 firmwares.   my mail is zorlac8@hotmail.com

Tourist

[ New ]
Dame Prob here.. Version 5.00 Hero4 Silver Sandisk 64 GB SD Card... 0.5 Seconds Timelaps Wirk... Otter Cancer ja es Card Error affee exactly 26 Pics! -.-
How can i fix this Problem?
Tourist

[ New ]
So Go Pro Gets a faules Software to his cams... Thea habe to fix it...
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @lew4r,

May I know the SD card you're using?

Also have you tried resetting the camera and install new firmware manually?

Please let us know. 

Regards,

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]
@lew4r dont waste your time with gopro support. Version 5 upgrade is faulty and gopro just could not care to fix the bug for years now. Search net for version 2, 3 or 4 and downgrade. After weeks and hours trying to sort this out with gopro, their solution was to send camera back tobthem and get 25 % discount on new one. Even with the 25% discount, they were way more expencive than local electronic store. They are usless. Search net for version 2, 3 or 4 and downgrade, then all works perfect again. Gopro dont have older firmware versions(bulls#%t) so they wont help and refuse to admit their firmware 5 for gooro 4 is faulty on many customers gopro 4's. Good luck
Explorer

[ New ]
@lew4r
If it's SanDisk Ultra, then the card is your issue.
Tourist

[ New ]
I get 2 64 GB San Disk Extreme Garde, 1 128 GB Samsung Evo Card and 1 128 GB from Lexar...

Evers Card gets the Problem on the Hero 4 Silver... every Card works on the Hero 4 Black ive had.

In the past the Hero 4 with the same Software and same sd Card dont gets the Error!

Update... ich changes the Batterie of the Go Pro and nie it World fine... so die Problem is definently and Software Hause with the powermanagement....

So Go Pro... diese die Problem to find out the issue?!

The Go Pro Support sucks hart... the same at the selling.... creditcard only **bleep**...in 2014 i can also buy with PayPal and others... in 2018 only creditcard... for the company i wich they write red letters again and again...

P.s. make the cams half priced, kill your Support (better no support as a bad support like... "the sd card is the problem" - insnt it? Why ja es Card Worms eine in all oder Situation and in different cameras?! No logic and unskilled support) and Change your selling options...
Tourist

[ New ]
Sry Auto correct in a Samsung Dive...
Sightseer

[ New ]

Servus , habe das gleiche Problem und hab mir das gopro firmware V 1.0 2 wieder auf die Cam kopiert und schon funktioniert der NightTimeLapse modus wieder ohne SD Card Error nach paar Aufnahmen und nimmt auf bis die Karte voll ist ;)