Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Time Lapse SD Card Error Silver 4

Who did you send to? Will it correct the problem we are having?
Highlighted
Tourist

You want them, send me your email and i´ll send the right away!
Highlighted
Hiker

mattb...thanks for you interest in the problems numerous GoPro 4 owners are having. This issue is ongoing two years after the original post. Just today, 12/29/17 a new post appears expressing his problem. I think it has been firmily established that the problem is not with the SD cards, it is a GoPro camera problem with the cause still unknown and apparently no interest in resolving the problem from GoPro. You suggest contacting the "Support Team." I have numerous times and their solution is a camera exchange and twenty percent off on the purchase of a new camera. Not what I want to do. Phone support and chat are not worth the waste of time. If you have any other suggestion other then contacting support please respond to the group. There is a growing list of owners looking for an answer.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem, been with support for 2 hours on chat, called, email, facebook.... They dont care. Buy a new one with 20% discount is their solution, which works out more expencive than if i bought a new gopro from out local electronics store here in sweden. Not surprising gopro shares have droped rock bottom. Garmin Virb Ultra 30 for me now.
Highlighted
Tourist

Guys, not to be an ass, but it seems to me many people are not properly doing their research in this topic. Many months ago I had the same issue, and after trying many things, was able to find a solution, related to downgrading the Hero's firmware and then upgrading it again. Every now and then I'm getting an e-mail from this site, telling someone posted something related to this issue and, to my dismay, I find that many are still finding the issue but not exploring the solution I posted months ago but instead asking if there's an issue with the memory card, talking about getting a new camera from GoPro, and so forth.

I don´t know if getting a replacement makes a difference. I know that in my case, it was not needed. You just need to do what I said I did, months ago. I don't have the specifics with me now. Anyone with these issue, should just go through this thread and look for a post from "bluedawn73587", months ago, with the solution.

Best of of luck to all.

Peace, and happy 2018!

Highlighted
Tourist

Agreed. A number of us have posted solutions to the problem and yet no one bothers to read or attempt a solution for themselves.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the help.
A few things that i want to mention.
1. After hours of time wasted with gopro service, online chat, facebook messenger and calling, i was told that they do not have the old firmware anymore so cant send it to me to downgrade. I find this hard to believe that once new firmware is out, they destroy all previous versions.
2. They told me i should not downgrade camera.
3. There is clearly a problem with the firmware that is affecting some 4 silvers but gopro choose not to address the problem but say try new sd card if that fails, buy a new one.
4. Ignore and close case when the problem is not sorted, buying a new one with 20% discount is not a solution.
5. Why has support not advised customers with this problem to do what you recomend? They beat around the bush and say but new one.

Any way, i give up with them, good product, terrible service. They need to realise, they not the only quality action camera on the market anymore.

Thanks anyway for the advise

Highlighted
Hiker

Exactly what I was told by GoPro support.