Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: This thing sucks

Don't think the Wright Bros or Apple even knew what a hangar in Mumbai was

Adventurer

Or the cavemand of Geiko

Sightseer

I purchased a   GOPRO HERO 4 almost 2 years ago.. and what  have I used it for?? NOTHING..

All i can do is record **bleep** on the sdcard...take the sdcard out, put it in my laptop to transfer the video files.

I've tried at least 4 times to set this thing up...wasted time. GODDAM people.. get some real developers to do some decent apps with user friendly interface.

The rest of the software sucks.. where the **bleep** is the controll app? can't find it... all gopro website wants to do is sell you more **bleep**.

Nomad

If you're using an iOS device, search "GoPro" in the App Store.

Hiker

You've had it for two years, but all you can do is blame Gopro for not getting anyware? Hmmm.
Millions of vids have been made with Studio and Quic and a host of other NLE (video editing programs). 

Now, I will agree that Quic isn't allways the eaierst to use, but for making a quick edit it works fine.
Like anthing in life, you have to invest a bit of time leaning how stuff works. 

Go to youtube. tonnes of tutorials and tips.

To controll you gopro frome your phone and make "Quic" edits on your android phone : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gopro.smarty&hl=en 

Apple https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gopro-app/id561350520?mt=8

To edit on you Computer:
https://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html#

All free......

Backpacker

even if you can't get Quik or Studio to work they are written in a common codec, even Window MovieMaker allows you to edit them

Sightseer

Thank you. I was going to comment on his inappropriate response but it wouldn’t matter. It shouldn’t matter if it’s a hero 1. Don’t deliver half baked goods knowing there are flaws. And then list all the great things it’s capable of.... knowing iit’s not. And the solution is “ buy a newer one “ REALLY ? That’s shady. I liked the answer to the guy that his WiFi only goes 1.5 meters and cuts out. ( that’s 2 meter further than my HERO 5 ! Yea a newer one ) the guy asked for suggestions on extending the WiFi and he was very mature and professional in asking. The answer was ( also very mature and professional). BUY our remote Bluetooth remote it has much better range. Than why advertise on the magazine ads and box about the app you can use. I haven’t seen a Samsung or Apple phone but cost less than 700.00 retail in ages and if a 700.00 phone won’t operate these things from 8 feet away. That means they were designed in such manner to force hard working people to buy their Bluetooth remote. So basically unless you want others to have live coverage..... which trainers and pit crews for many off-road sport solely rely on to improve. You either give into their slimy sales tactics or watch it in the pits. May as well strap an old school video camera it’s the same concept. Last but not least. Yea the battery is about as worthless as a burnt out light bulb. Thank you for your time.
Tourist

Hero 6 black here.  The 4k video is shaky and seems to be a gimmick rather than real world use.  Can't really tell though because Quik doesn't support go pro editing as it's too glitchy to even be considered as a usuable program.  I have an 1700x 1080ti with 16gb of ram.  So no tech support for the last time it's not my hardware, it's your **bleep**ty software and yes I know about 3rd party apps like premiere.  Only thing is the wifi and bluetooth connection to your crappy phone software is shotty at best.  Next time I'll use a 3rd party camera.  I dumped your stock like everyone else after the Karma disaster.. maybe consider a different line of work.