09-06-2017 05:24 AM
I have to agree with most of these post. My Hero 5 Session is horrible, from the app to the battery.
1. The app is very temperamental. It can take 1 min. to never connecting. I also find it really messed up when you have tey to upgrade and it disconnects your phone from wifi to connect to the camera, which in turns can cause the upgrade to fail. Do you really need my phone to connect wifi and bluetooth at the same time to use this thing?
2. The battery is terrible. Not using 4k, if work only 45 minutes before having to connect to external power. How is this a good idea on a 3 hour bike ride down a mountain in Norway? It sucks!
3. The next time the battery was fully charged in the morning. Used it 10 minutes four hours later then dead, even though the app indicated it was connected. You guys think is a good product?
4. It gets hot! Really Hot!
5. It has a tendency to disconnect with the app and stop recording. Again, Is this what you call a good product?
6. All this for $400+ with accessories. Is this what you call a crappy product? Yes, Yes it is.
I should have returned the day after I bought it but wanted for our trip. Expectations where shattered, no go pro for me any more. Doesn't even make a good paper weight.
10-02-2017 11:19 PM
I'm gonna rant. I really hate the GoPro Studio application. i spent hours making a video only to have the application delete my hard work. You'd think GoPro would pay attention to what they produce but The good lord knows it's all trash. If the new ones suck what's the point in buying gopro anymore. They used to be innovators but now it's just bs garbage that barely works. It was nice while it lasted but I'm out. Selling my gopro and deleting these stupid apps. Ok, rants over. Time to go see LetGo. Night everyone,
10-02-2017 11:44 PM
I feel your pain and I'm sorry to hear you lost your work. I have spent countless hours editing only to end in yelling at my computer in agony as I stare at the pop up message telling me GoPro Studio has encountered and error and must be closed.
I figured out little work arounds but while they resulted in fewer projects being lost, they nearly doubled the editing time. I purchased a more powerful computer and it helped, but ultimately I realized it was time to move on and actually purchase a quality editor.
I now use Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. More powerful but a lot more work and a much bigger learning curve. I figure over time it will get easier but I find I'm spending more time researching and watching videos on how to do things than actually producing videos. In time though, I think it's going to pay off.
There are other free editors and cheaper paid programs but I think the investment in one of the premium editors is worth the investment.
I'm glad GoPro finally gave up on Studio. After getting a good editor I only found myself using Studio for the Protune Color effect and sometimes when using the templates. Quik took care of my need for templates and the newer cameras, especially the Hero6, don't need the Protune Color effect.
Anyway, good luck to you and all the best. I hope you find something that works for you.
10-21-2017 10:01 AM
I cannot stress this enough, gopro 5 and 6 are really, really lousy, do not depend on them to actually work when you want them to. I cannot believe they charge $500 for these things, I've owned over 50 cameras in my life and not one has been as crappy as these things, just a complete joke! Just shows the power of advertising and gullibility of people, including me. Just be thankful they don't build self driving cars!
10-21-2017 10:21 AM
i must be really lucky, because out of all the GoPro's i've got the Hero 6 is the only one i've had a fault with that's actually GoPro's fault. All of my past problems have been solved because i've stopped skimping on cheap SD cards
12-02-2017 02:29 PM
Man am I tired of wasting my time using a GoPro. It really sucks!!! Takes forever to download and I have yet been able to figure out editing.
Using Quik became how quick I could get pissed off!! Don't waste your money, so many better products to choose from