Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

The screen on my Hero 7 Black is blank with HDMI plugged in and makes it completely useless

When I plug my Hero 7 into my TV via HDMI I can not navigate anything because the screen goes blank and renders the $400 annoying little gadget usless. Apparently I have to buy an $80 remote to make things work which is a bunch of BS. Thanks Gopro! SELL SELL SELL. Firmware 1.61 installed and HDMI mode has been tried in Live, Monitor and Media and nogo. Also the gopro locks up about 25% of the time when I plug HDMI in and I have to pul the battery to make it shut off. This is a glitchy little son of a...

Tourist

Re: The screen on my Hero 7 Black is blank with HDMI plugged in and makes it completely useless

Nevermind. I figured it out. You have to push buttons. Thats really stupid gopro. Why did you do this? That makes things really clunky and lacking in functions. Really really  stupid.

Tourist

Re: The screen on my Hero 7 Black is blank with HDMI plugged in and makes it completely useless

Hi yeahok1970.

Did they give you any answer at all? I'm having the same problem, no matter if I choose Media, Monitor or Live in Preferences > Input/Output > HDMI Output, the display goes black when connected with an HDMI cable.

And trying to see the files... it's like playing Russian roulette.... all I want is give up.

Unbelievable for such a highly recommended product.

Regards!