Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

The quality on my Hero Plus is very crapy

I'm recording on 1080 on 60 fps
But the quality is no where near that
I don't know if it's the codec or if the camera is damaged can some one please help?
https://youtu.be/0nKTcXM0ijs Here is the video footage

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: The quality on my Hero Plus is very crapy

Your lens is very greasy. You can see the way everthing is blurred and how lights are refracted sideways. Clean your lens with warm water and a microfiber cloth.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

That camera needs good lighting. Take it outside. If you're going to film in low light you need to use a lower frame rate. At 60fps the longest the shutter can stay open is 1/60 of a second. The longer the shutter can stay open the more light can get to the sensor. A frame rate of 30fps allows twice as much light (1/30). But honestly, that's not what this camera is intended for. It's an action camera. Get outside and film some action 😉
Nomad

Your lens is very greasy. You can see the way everthing is blurred and how lights are refracted sideways. Clean your lens with warm water and a microfiber cloth.

Explorer

Good catch @maplepanda, I sometimes forget the golden rule of support, "Start with the simplest, most obvious solution first". :)