Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

The problem with RAW Audio wav file

1. when I shoot a long video with gopro hero 7 black, and make 2 parts but the wav file is only created in the second part of the video

2. the wav file is multichannel, what is this and why happend? What is the other channels and why are empty?

problem gopro.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: The problem with RAW Audio wav file

You can use the High RAW Protune audio with Stereo Only, or with your video editor (I use Adobe Premiere Pro so I'm not familiar with Vegas). A free audio editor you can try is Audacity. It's takes some practice to really learn and get right, but it's a very good editor.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Not sure what is happening with #1 but #2 I can answer.
The three tracks are each microphone. The two that appear empty have audio data, but because no auto gain control (AGC) has been applied to them in the camera, they appear blank. If you bring up the db or adjust the levels in an audio file editor, you can bring them to a usable level.
Highlighted
Tourist

@danielr15 wrote:
Not sure what is happening with #1 but #2 I can answer.
The three tracks are each microphone. The two that appear empty have audio data, but because no auto gain control (AGC) has been applied to them in the camera, they appear blank. If you bring up the db or adjust the levels in an audio file editor, you can bring them to a usable level.

how apply the (AGC)?

Highlighted
Explorer

You can use the High RAW Protune audio with Stereo Only, or with your video editor (I use Adobe Premiere Pro so I'm not familiar with Vegas). A free audio editor you can try is Audacity. It's takes some practice to really learn and get right, but it's a very good editor.
Highlighted
Tourist

@danielr15 wrote:

I use the High RAW Protune audio with Stereo Only. This is my settings.

for music i use cubase 10 pro. But maby i will try the audacity...